Responsible for leading and execution of the maintenance program for the facility, including performing preventive maintenance, breakdown, troubleshooting & repairs. Completing all tasks in compliance with Forum’s HSE program and initiatives, . May handle special projects as assigned.
· Perform all preventative maintenance, repair and installation work with a high level of quality, workmanship and attention to detail
· Utilize and manage the CMSS (Computerized maintenance management system- Cogz) to log all maintenance and repair activity
· Plans and repair activities during machine changeovers (when possible) to reduce overall equipment downtime.
· Communicate/report on equipment performance issues and coordinate their activities when assisting with PM or repair activities
· Ensures all Lock Out/Tag Out and Hot Work Permit procedures are followed prior to beginning any repair/maintenance activity
· Schedule and complete all preventative maintenance tasks
· Coordinate all preventative maintenance and repairs to be completed by third parties
· Actively participate in improvement initiatives related to safety, quality, and efficiencies
· Ensure a high standard of housekeeping is maintained always ensuring food safety is a priority requesting equipment cleaning after maintenance work
· Provide leadership including mentorship, training and directing those that support the preventative maintenance system
· Participate in the Health, Safety and Environment program, including adhering to all policies.
· Communicate with Maintenance Manager and lead hands to ensure "on site" stock of essential parts for activities.
· Journeyman Electrician or Millwright Certificate or equivalent experience.
· Priority given to electrical background in with automated production environment
· 4+ years’ experience in a Manufacturing environment ( Ideally Food Plant )
· 3+ years’ experience related to facility maintenance preferred
· Priority given to a electrical background with a automated production environment.
· Mechanically inclined and comfortable in troubleshooting environments
· Ability to work as a team and independently as required
· Strong communication skills
· Strong attention to detail and quality
Application deadline: 2021-05-31
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: $30.00-$35.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- On call
Pre Covid screening / documentation and daily health check for all site employees. Ongoing hand washing and sanitizing throughout our facility
- automated food production facility experience
- maintenance: 3 years (required)
- Automated Manufacturing plant: 2 years (required)
- Understandable English to allow safe communication (required)
- English (required)
- Electrical / mechanical journeyman certificate (required)
- Must be a journeyman electrical or mechanical (required)
- Night Shift (required)
- Day Shift (required)