At Lowe’s Canada, over 26,000 employees let their passion blossom every day. Our teams are driven by the desire to help people bring their projects to life and are committed to making a difference in the communities we serve.
We operate or service some 470 corporate and affiliated dealer stores. With a distinctive product and service offering and complementary store formats ranging from neighbourhood hardware stores to big box stores, our Lowe’s, RONA, Reno-Depot, and Dick’s Lumber banners are always looking for dedicated employees to help meet the needs of all DIYers and contractors.
You’ve got the talent? We’ve got the tools! Here, your work and ideas will contribute to building a flourishing organization. Your voice will always be heard and valued. You’ll find career opportunities that live up to your ambitions and be able to further develop your unique set of skills.
So if you’re looking to do what you love, and to grow and evolve within our family—one of the best employers in Canada according to a recent Forbes survey—we could be perfect for each other.
Our expectations :
The Yard Team Member is responsible for assisting all customers in the yard with their product needs while maintaining a safe, clean and organized environment. If you enjoy being outdoors, staying active and working with a strong team this position is right for you!
Your role :
- Provide RONA customers with expert advice and assistance for their lumber and building material needs
- Assist RONA customers in loading product safely and efficiently
- Check invoices and verify correct product is provided
- Assist with the daily upkeep of the department including off loading trucks, culling lumber, organizing stock, cleaning, price labelling, & maintaining pallets/stock
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment for employees and customers
- Opening and closing duties as needed in the Yard
### Job Requirements
The qualifications we are looking for :
Your benefits of working for Lowe’s Canada:
- Customer service oriented
- Ability to work outside in all conditions, year round
- 100% commit to a safe work environment
- Ability to perform physical work with medium and heavy lifting on a regular basis
- Related experience and knowledge an asset
- Excellent listening, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently or with a team
- Driven with the ability to take initiative
- Previous forklift experience an asset
By joining the Lowe’s Canada family, you’ll enjoy many benefits, such as:
- An inclusive and safe working environment
- Promotion of work-life balance
- Exclusive employee discounts
- Benefits: insurance (certain conditions apply), annual salary review, etc.
- Opportunities for advancement within the company
- An employer that’s involved in the community
- Teamwork and ongoing training
- A comprehensive training program for all new hires
- A company discount on store merchandise
- A student incentive program
- And much more!
The masculine generic is used without discrimination and only in order to simplify the text. Lowe’s Canada is committed to encouraging diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, nationality, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.