Greater Vancouver Community Services Society is currently looking for casual Community Living Workers with the right combination of passion, skills, and dedication to support our North Vancouver group home residents with developmental disabilities.
Schedule: For casual positions, we require a general availability and you will be called for shifts.
Location: North Vancouver.
Wage: Our casual positions have a starting rate of $22.38 + an additional 9.6% in lieu of paid vacation.
- Comprehensive personal care
- Community involvement – such as going bowling, attending music therapy, and shopping
- Assistance with activities of daily living
- 24/7 monitoring to ensure client health and safety
- Post-secondary certificate in a related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Current "Emergency Community Care" First aid and Cardio-pulmonary (CPR) certification
- Valid Class 4 BC Driver's License (restricted or unrestricted) is desirable
Who are we and what do we offer?
Since 1988, GVCSS has offered specialized care and supervision for individuals with profound physical and developmental disabilities through the operation of six group homes in the Lower Mainland
The GVCSS Community Living Program is proud to have been accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) since 2006.
- A unionized work environment and compensation
- Ongoing training and skills upgrading
- Up-to-date mobile communication technology
- All Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) supplied
We thank you in advance for your application but only qualified individuals will be contacted.
Visit our website for more information: www.gvcss.bc.ca
We are proud to announce we have had zero COVID outbreaks. During this time of the COVID-19 pandemic, we remain committed to the health and safety of our employees by providing all PPE as required and supporting our employees.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Casual
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
Salary: $22.38 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- BC Care Aide Registration Number (preferred)
- Class 4 Driver's Licence (preferred)
- CPR/First Aid (preferred)
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required