Connect America and our family of brands, including Lifeline Canada, have helped aging individuals and at-risk populations live safely and independently in their homes for more than 40 years.
This position of Bilingual Direct Sales Rep will be an integral role within our Lifeline Canada business. Since 1974, more than 700,000 Canadian subscribers have beneﬁtted from Lifeline. Today, our range of medical alert services provide patients with access to help at home or on the go. Only Lifeline offers AutoAlert, the most widely adopted automatic fall detection technology on the market today and an excellent choice for those with a history, risk, or fear of falling. Our commitment to service delivery and the people behind the Lifeline name make us stand apart. Lifeline is also the only medical alarm service integrated with the Canadian healthcare system. Through partnerships with hospitals, healthcare agencies, and senior living residences. Lifeline is available to communities across the country.
At Lifeline Canada, our aim is to support our growing senior population, and their goals to age in place. The Lifeline service plays an important role in the transition from hospital to home to support independent at-risk seniors, as well as patients with chronic conditions. For more than 45 years, we have helped families support their loved ones so they can live more confidently at home knowing help is available at the push of a waterproof button, 24 hours a day. Our highly trained and caring Response Associates make this possible – whether it’s emergency services, a family member, or neighbour. With its Canadian head office in Toronto and two national Response Centres, Lifeline is the country’s leading medical alert service. For more information regarding Lifeline Canada, please visit us at https://www.lifeline.ca/en/.
Connect America, as North America’s largest independent provider of connected care, delivers a growing portfolio of innovative technologies that help bridge the gap between healthcare providers, individuals, and their care partners. Our easy-to-use solutions support health and safety in a way that leads to enhanced quality of life, earlier interventions, reduced hospitalizations and peace of mind for an estimated 10 million lives every year. Together, we are enabling independence and redefining the global home healthcare market.
Connect America has been recognized as one of Philly Happening’s Best Places to Work. Our award-winning customer service team has received the Best Service Award from Today’s Caregiver. In addition, our healthcare division was named Top Ten Home Healthcare Solutions Provider in 2019 & 2020.
At Connect America, we treat all our customers and team members ethically and respectfully, creating relationships built on trust. We work as supportive team members, developing customer solutions in a collaborative manner. If you are a dedicated, compassionate team player, come be a part of an organization that makes a positive difference in the lives of those we serve.
Our Corporate headquarters are located close to the city of Philadelphia, in Bala Cynwyd, PA, with other offices across North America. Learn more at www.connectamerica.com.
As an* Inside Sales Representative, *you will answer calls from potential subscribers, caregivers, and healthcare professionals. You will educate them about Lifeline services and explain benefits and features to different situations. You will create a bond, explore needs, overcome objections and close the sale as needed and effective.
Here’s how you will do that…
- Respond to telephone inquiries regarding Philips Lifeline products and services and make recommendations to meet customer needs
- Meet /exceed sales quota using customer-focused selling
- Collect information from the customer and enter it into a database, while talking to them on the phone
- Provide timely follow-ups to ensure effective closing on all sales opportunities
- Maintain product knowledge and stay current with all marketing promotions
- Transfer all non-sales calls to the appropriate department
The nature of our business is such that the Direct Sales department operates between 8:00 am to 8:00 pm Monday to Friday and between 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Saturday and Sunday. You Must be flexible working any 8-hour shift within 5 consecutive days.
Who You Are
- Must be fluent in French and English (verbal and written)
- Tangible references for reaching/exceeding sales targets
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, asking for patience, courtesy, and professionalism with our clients
- Ability to forecast, organize and prioritize to achieve objectives and obtain results
- Willingness to working in a dynamic environment that listens to customers
- Dynamic, motivated, and competitive
- Results-oriented with a tenacious personality
- An excellent approach to communication by telephone and born negotiator
- Rigorous organization, time management ability, and attention to details
- Active listening skills and multitasking (eg. listening, speaking, and writing)
- Result-oriented with a “go-getter” personality
- Team spirit, while being able to work independently
- Easy to navigate in the various applications (Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Excellent rapport building telephone communication and negotiating skills
- Post-secondary education or related work experience with 2 years in business-to-consumer sales.
- A minimum of 1-year experience in a sales environment.
Compensation: 40k base, plus bonus + up to 10% bonus compensation paid quarterly
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources (HRSupport@medicalalert.com) of any accommodation(s) that you may require to any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Pay: $40,000.00 per year