Egar Tool and Die, is looking for an experienced overhead crane operator. The crane operator will be required to lift, move, and position steel coils for use on Automotive, coil fed transfer presses, using proper procedures. Forklift operation will also be required.
Candidate must have good communication skills, be able to multi-task, be flexible and reliable. Must have 1-3 years experience in an industrial manufacturing setting.
- Operate the traveling overhead/bridge crane to move, lift and position coils.
- Depresses buttons, lifts levers, and ensures load is safely attached to crane before bringing it down.
- Manipulates or depresses crane controls, to regulate speed and direction of crane and hoist movement according to written, verbal, or signal instructions.
- Observe and make sure that the load is safely attached and within the lifting limits.
- Ensure the smooth ongoing operation and productivity of the facility.
Days, 6 am - 4:30 pm, Monday - Thursday
Education / Industry Certifications
- High School Diploma
- Relevant prior experience operating an overhead crane and hoisting gears.
- Prior experience working in steel construction or steel manufacturing environment.
Key Technical Skills / Abilities
- Awareness and attention to safety
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Flexibility/ willingness to work overtime when necessary
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00 to $19.00 /hour
- Crane Operator: 1 year (Required)
- Secondary School (Required)
- Cambridge, ON (Preferred)
- Forklift Operator (Required)
- g (Preferred)
- Crane Operator (Required)
- English (Required)