POSITION: Tenant Support Worker Casual on Call
Vancouver to Abbottsford
SALARY: $25.40- $27.53 depending upon applicants' length of seniority (as per the Collective Agreement)
SHIFTS: 7 days a week, day, afternoon/evening and overnight shifts, weekdays, weekends and holidays.
Shifts are 7.5 to 8 hours in length.
The Tenant Support Worker (TSW) reports to the Site Manager and works in accordance with the mission and philosophy of Lookout Housing and Health Society, including following Lookout’s Code of Ethics. The TSW works with residents to provide assistance, support, education, and skills training. The TSW will work with tenants to maintain and develop greater independence and stability with the goal of a healthier and more independent living arrangement.
JOB DUTIES (In Brief):
· Will participate in tenant intakes, and provide support services and assessments
· Will identify challenges for tenants, develop service plans, crisis intervention, and administer finances and medication
· Ensure that basic needs are met by working closely with individuals on a long-term, ongoing basis
· Complete required paperwork and maintain statistical and evaluative data
· Assist with volunteers and practicum students on site
· Some external work is likely to occur; use of an automobile may, at times, be useful
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCE:
· Related Diploma or Certificate; or minimum Grade 12 education plus two (2) years of recent related experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
· Familiarity with community resources, particularly addiction, mental health, and harm reduction
· Must have current Occupational First Aid Level 1 Certificate
· Crisis Intervention Skills Training is an asset
· Class 4 driver's Licence is an asset
· Ability to work independently or in a team setting
· Strong ability to manage stress and organize workload
· Excellent communication, writing, documentation, and organizational skills
· Ability to understand and maintain clientele/worker boundaries
· Ability to work with disadvantaged and challenging adults in a diverse environment
· Quick learner and self-motivated
· Strong physical and mental ability to perform work tasks and operate job related equipment
· A minimum two (2) years of sobriety if you have had concerns related to alcohol and/or drug use
· Criminal Record Clearance for the Vulnerable Sector
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter and resume
ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WELCOME TO APPLY. ONLY THOSE SHORT-LISTED WILL BE CONTACTED.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Casual
Salary: From $25.40 per hour