*Kent is locally owned and operated, and we continue to grow in your community. Our mission is to be the best source of home improvement products through superior service, quality products and everyday great prices.
Kent offers delivery service for our customers through our fleet of light duty trucks and vans as well as commercial flat beds and boom trucks. Our Drivers need to ensure the highest standards of safety and customer service.
This opening is for a driver of light duty vehicles (1/4 ton, ½ ton or van) and requires a class 5 licence.
- Deliver materials to private homes and construction sites safely – Materials include Windows and doors, Cement, Shingles, and other building materials.
- Work in the lumber yard, warehouse and inside the store actively helping customers
- Load and unload product
- Prepare trucks for loading and assist warehouse staff as required
- Ensure proper vehicle maintenance and safety
- Maintain contact with dispatch and work to resolve any issues
- Verify load security and accuracy
- Report defects, violations, accidents, or injuries
- Always maintain a professional behavior
- Follow all safety regulations, company policies, and procedures
- Other duties as assigned by manager
- Ability to lift up to 75lbs
- Proven work experience as a delivery driver
- Valid Class 5 or Higher License
- Drivers Abstract Required - will reimburse upon hire
- Ability to work in all weather conditions, fast paced and dynamic workplace
- Manual transmission would be considered an asset
- Self-Motivated, punctual, and reliable
- Must have Safety mindset
- High attention to detail
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent
- Able to do physical work
- Full time benefits after probation period (3 Months) including health, drug, and dental coverage; disability insurance and RRSP
- A safe work environment
- Great mentors and on-the-job training
- Incentive programs
- Employee discount and reimbursement
- Opportunities for growth and career advancement
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time