201 - 17835 106 A Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta, T5S 1V8
At MediSystem Pharmacy, you can use your skills to do meaningful work that has a real impact, in an environment that promotes learning, growth and opportunity. Whether it's your first job or you're ready for a new challenge, MediSystem Pharmacy can turn your potential into performance that is recognized and rewarded. We offer competitive pay, full benefits, and a work-life balance.
Why this role is important?
Pharmacy Assistant at Medisystem (a Shoppers Drug Mart Company)
What You'll Do:
What You'll Need:
- Fill a variety of prescriptions efficiently to maintain workflow
- Prepare compounds, mixtures and temperature control items
- Package blister pack medications
- Deliver completed product based on schedules
- Ensure appropriate follow up on minor issues
- Synchronization and collaboration with other departments
- Ensure organization of work station and inventory shelves
- Maintain appropriate supplies and materials
- Some involvement in prescription information management
- Recognize liability on the outcomes of service provided
- Excellent communication skills and customer service skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to prioritize work assignments
- Ability to adapt to change
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment where high attention to detail and accuracy is essential
- Ability to work and maneuver quickly and consistently for extended periods of time
- Positive, cooperative, and team-oriented attitude
- High School Diploma
- Exposure to Hospital or Long Term Care Pharmacy
- Experience working in a retail pharmacy environment
- Pharmacy Technician Diploma from accredited college, but not required
This role requires employees to be flexible to work a variety of shifts during the business’ hours of operations, which include occasional weekend shifts and statutory holidays.
Type of Role:
Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.