BE A PART OF A REVOLUTIONARY CHANGE
At Rothmans, Benson & Hedges Inc. (“RBH”), Philip Morris International’s subsidiary in Canada, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business and building our future on smoke-free products.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
If you’re a forecaster and forward-thinker, you can make a huge impact, come join us!
As counsel you will be responsible for providing advice on the legal aspects of the activities of the company, including full legal support to designated business and service functions in a timely, business-oriented, and effective manner within the letter and spirit of the applicable local laws and regulations and PMI principles and practices. This position works with the market management to reach business objectives in a manner consistent with all relevant laws and internal policies, reporting to Senior Counsel, Canada within an established framework including review against defined targets.
YOUR DAY TO DAY
- Provide timely, pro-active legal analysis, advice, assistance, documentation, and training, as requested, or required, on a wide variety of business initiatives and other matter in accordance with the applicable legislation and PMI policies.
- Provide full legal support to designated business and/or service functions/units. Follow and promote legal procedures to ensure that company's employees are aware of applicable legal requirements.
- Protect and promote RBH interests under applicable commercial laws and regulations so as to anticipate potential issues and to ensure that current practice supports the RBH business plan while reducing commercial risks to an acceptable level.
- Act as a subject matter expert for RBH on the Tobacco and Vaping Products Act, PMI P&P 5-C (Competition and Fair Trade), PMI P&P 6-C (Intellectual Property), and PMI P&P 14-C (Non-U.S. Government Officials).
- Monitor and direct services of outside counsel to ensure effective and economical legal work on matters that require specialized legal expertise.
- Remain current and knowledgeable with respect to existing and pending legislation, ongoing litigation, and case law relevant to Company's business and provide accurate and timely information to Senior Counsel.
- Coordinate compliance risk management activities by the management team, including coordinating a process of anticipating and evaluating compliance risks, designing, and monitoring implementation of mitigating measures, and periodically reporting on same to Affiliate Head.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Law Degree
- Excellent background as a legal counsel with an international company or as an associate with one of the leading law firms in Canada, totaling 2-7 years.
- Strong generalist knowledge of commercial and corporate laws, employment and labor laws, competition laws.
- Strong knowledge of Canadian tobacco regulation.
- Excellent knowledge of Canadian legal databases and legal writing skills.
- Advanced counseling and presentation skills.
WHO WE ARE
We are Rothmans, Benson & Hedges Inc., Philip Morris International’s subsidiary in Canada. Today we are Canada's second largest tobacco company. In addition, RBH Inc. was awarded Top Employer for 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2022. We currently employ over 800 people throughout our six corporate and sales offices and our factory.
Our parent company PMI is one of the world’s leading international tobacco companies. In addition to the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, PMI is engaged in the development and commercialization of smoke-free products.
Click on the following link to learn more about what RBH believes: https://www.rbhinc.ca/home/what-we-believe
Rothmans, Benson & Hedges is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all current and prospective employees, as well as to promoting a culture of inclusion and respect for everyone. We celebrate the innovation that diversity creates in the work environment, and we recognize that each employee brings their own unique capabilities, experiences, and perspectives to the organization. It is this diversity that adds value to our teams, as well as to our stakeholders.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, marital/family status (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, immigrant and newcomer status, gender identity/expression, age, citizenship, or disability. We consider qualified applicants who have passed the criminal background checks, consistent with legal requirements.
We strive to recognize and value diversity and equity, and to ensure the inclusion of underrepresented groups and the four designated groups: women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities. We value, respect, and equally support applicants from these groups.
We welcome and encourage applicants to reach their full potential with us. If you are unable to apply for a position online, or require any further accommodation during our recruitment process, please contact: [email protected]
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA:
RBH LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/rothmans-benson-hedges-inc/
RBH website: https://www.rbhinc.ca/