Bring your experience in commercial real estate to a dynamic opportunity
Real Property Division (RPD) is within the Ministry of Citizens’ Services. RPD provides accommodation and real estate services to government ministries and broader public sector (BPS) customers and clients. This includes the following responsibilities:
- to provide cost-effective real estate and accommodation services to the public sector (a shared service provider function);
- to serve our clients by working with them to develop an understanding of their needs and determine what are their best value accommodation solutions; and,
- to provide responsible stewardship of the portfolio of owned and leased properties entrusted to its management.
The Leasing Analyst is part of a dynamic and challenging environment where policy and procedures are constantly being revised to align with changing strategic and economic priorities. This role requires strong interpersonal and organizational skills to effectively prioritize and coordinate a range of diverse, coexisting and sometimes urgent issues. The Leasing Analyst must analyze and evaluate issues and situations ranging from routine to critical. They make determinations regarding the degree of urgency and required response and independently advise the parties involved when there is a conflict or emerging issue.
- 4 years of relevant post-secondary education and/or enrollment in a relevant credited program along with a minimum of 2 years of experience in the commercial property management and/or commercial real estate industry.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience developing and analyzing financial and account statements, including account reconciliations.
- Experience creating and working with legal documents in a commercial real estate environment.
- Experience dealing with the provincial land titles system, covenants, leases and tenancies.
- Experience in contract management.
Preference may be given to applicants with:
- 3 or more years of experience in account reconciliations and analyzing financial statements.
- Experience in contract negotiation.
- Experience referencing, interpreting and applying legislative and/or regulatory documentation as it pertains to commercial real estate.
For questions regarding this position, please contact [email protected].
About this Position:
Amendment 2023-10-18: Posting will close 2023-11-01.
Please note this is an ongoing posting without a scheduled close date. The posting close date will be added to the posting a minimum of 2 weeks prior to the posting close date. Applications will be reviewed on a bi-weekly basis.
There is 1 permanent position available; AND
2 temporary appointments available, which may be extended and/or become permanent.
An eligibility list may be established for future temporary and/or permanent opportunities.
Working for the BC Public Service:
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service can help Indigenous applicants (First Nations [status or non-status], Métis or Inuit) interested in BC Public Service job positions.
With over 200 different occupations available in 280 communities across the province, we offer exciting opportunities for your career. Come be a part of the BC Public Service, a Top 100.
How to Apply:
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements list above.
Cover letter required: YES - A cover letter is required as part of your application. The content and/or format of your cover letter may be evaluated as part of the assessment process.
Resume required: YES - Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Online Questionnaire: YES - As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete an online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements.Helpful tips, videos and more regarding the application process can be found on the Your Job Application page of MyHR. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying, e-mail [email protected], before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located at the bottom of the posting.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.