ATTENTION Medical Science Liaisons: A great opportunity you'll want to consider!
PEAK Pharma Solutions is currently recruiting on behalf of a growing Canadian pharmaceutical organization. Our client is expanding and developing a new division to support a new product launch. You will want to part of this exciting opportunity. This position is a full-time, permanent position directly with the client, PEAK Pharma Solutions Inc. is only acting as the recruiter.
The Medical Science Liaison is the subject matter expert for the assigned products and therapeutic areas.They will work with the Regulatory team, and cross-functional (Marketing, Sales, BD) commercial teams, providing scientific expertise, advice and technical leadership to maximize commercial benefit of client’s products in the Canadian Market and where applicable provide expertise to support international markets.
KEY JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Provide expert scientific product and disease knowledge for assigned products and therapeutic areas by participating in cross-functional teams to realize client’s overall vision and implement a coordinated medical/scientific strategy for the assigned therapeutic area.
- Provide medical and scientific and clinical assessment of in licensing opportunities as required.
- Provide support, direction and clinical input for client-sponsored clinical development programs including phase IIIB/IV studies within Canada.Manage requests from HCPs regarding investigator initiated studies ensuring that all contracts and medical regulatory requirements are in place.
- Create and develop clinical scientific materials (eg. slide decks, medical responses, clinical summaries, scientific platforms).Provide training in the assigned therapeutic area(s) to internal commercial and medical staff.
- Identify and map expert HCPs in the relevant therapeutic area.
- Develop strong relationships with expert Canadian HCPs through discussion and exchange of clinical scientific information including product and disease state information to support HCPs in treatment of Canadian patients.
- Present as required to HCPs (at advisory boards, in services, conferences, one to one meetings) clinical scientific data and information in the relevant therapeutic area.
- Provide scientific input and be part of the promotional review team to ensure scientific accurate and fair balanced promotional materials, press releases etc. aligned with the requirements of Health Canada and or other applicable Country Regulatory bodies.
- Provide clinical scientific support including supportive arguments to aid Regulatory in responding to Health Canada questions, during a submission review and or during Health Canada meetings.
Occupational Knowledge and Skills
- Previous experience in the cardiovascular therapeutic area is preferred.
- Excellent understanding of the branded pharmaceutical industry including the function of medical affairs.
- Understanding of clinical development phase I-IV with experience managing clinical research or a vendor CRO.
- Clear understanding of the guidelines and regulations in the Canadian Health Care environment including Health Canada, PAAB and IMC regulations and codes.
- Required to have a good understanding of the structure and workings of the Canadian Healthcare System.
- Collaborative approach in working cross functionally.
- Excellent communication skills including presentation skills; ability to communicate effectively with members of diverse functional groups.
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to establish professional relationships with internal and external partners including External HCP Experts.
EDUCATION, LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE:
- MD, PhD or Pharm.D in Health Sciences
- Minimum 5 years experience as an MSL with a pharmaceutical company, with significant experience interacting with varied functional groups.
- Bilingual in French and English, both written and spoken considered an asset
- Requires approximately 25% travel.
- Willing to travel to conferences and meetings
If you would like to learn more about PEAK Pharma Solutions Inc., please visit our website www.peakpharmasolutions.com.
We thank everyone that applies. If we feel your qualifications suit our current opportunity, we will be in touch with you. Please keep correspondence to email at this time.
PEAK Pharma Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- medical science liaison: 2 years (Required)