Thunder Bay, ON
Payroll Clerk Job Duties:
- Maintains payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data.
- Updates payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job title and department/division transfers.
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
- Resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains payroll operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Relevant Degree, Diploma, or Certification in Business Accounting, Bookkeeping, or Payroll
- Experience with Sage Accpac Canadian Payroll is considered an Asset
- Familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Has the Ability to Analyze and interpret data
- Must be organized with the ability to multitask
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary