Be Part of the Journey!
Our role is to brighten the everyday life by the joy of the holidays. At Air Transat, we work with respect, diversity, pride and belong to one of the largest integrated tourism companies in the world. Choosing Air Transat means having a competitive compensation and a full range of benefits, including travel benefits.
The Agent, Airport Baggage Services provides exemplary customer service and support to passengers with mishandled baggage. This includes passenger communication and interaction, meeting arriving flights, monitoring and ensuring the timely delivery of baggage, tracing of baggage, preparing baggage for delivery and forwarding, and liaising with Air Transat’s Central Baggage Team.
- Meet arriving flights and monitor baggage delivery times,
- Assist passengers with any baggage mishandlings,
- Enter missing, damaged and found bags into Worldtracer, and monitor the file for 7 days until its transfer to the Central Baggage team,
- Liaise with and support the passenger during this time, and communicate regularly with them on the status of their file, including ensuring passenger phone calls are answered and responded to,
- Communicate with the Central Baggage team and support the downline stations/airports by ensuring fast, secure forwarding and delivery of baggage to passengers,
- Assist with the recovery of lost and found items left on board,
- Support the Supervisor, Airport Baggage Services in the inbound and outbound baggage areas when required,
- Prepare various reports and statistics, and perform administrative tasks related to the main tasks.
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Experience with Worldtracer and baggage tracing (strong asset);
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills and experience;
- Experience or knowledge of the airline industry;
- Bilingual, French and English written and spoken; (Spanish an asset);
- Ability to lift up to 32 kgs, long distance walking throughout the airport;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Resourcefulness, initiative, diplomacy and good organizational skills;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite Software.
Transat would like to thank all candidates who have shown an interest by applying on a position. However after a thorough profile review, only the retained candidates will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent