The YMCA of Northeastern Ontario is a dynamic charity dedicated to strengthening the foundations of communities by offering opportunities for personal growth, community involvement and leadership. We have been offering programs and services to the North Bay community since 1958 and to the Greater Sudbury community since 1936! To learn more about our programs and services offered please visit our website.
We are currently looking for a Membership Services Representative to join our team of committed professionals. This part-time position within the Association is housed at the YMCA of Northeastern Ontario’s Durham Street location in Sudbury. Under the leadership of the Supervisor of Membership Services, the Membership Services Representative is responsible for all membership data entry, financial payments, and course registration. In addition, Membership Services Representatives are often the initial point of contact at the YMCA. As such, they represent the organization as a whole, making the dissemination of accurate information and courteous service critical to the success of the YMCA.
As soon as possible
RATE OF PAY:
10-25 per week
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Possession of an Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) preferred
- Minimum of three (3) months of customer service or related experience
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR C
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bilingualism in both official languages considered an asset
- Current and Satisfactory Police Record Check with Vulnerable Sector
- Provide a welcoming environment for all who enter the facility and direct as appropriate
- Provide consistently prompt and courteous service
- Maintain the highest level of product knowledge and promote membership sales
- Actively engage and build relationships with members and guests as well as promote YMCA programs
- Resolve member’s concerns or problems personally or redirect them to the appropriate staff person
Please ensure that your cover letter and resume both specify the job title of the position that you are applying for.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted and you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, you must advise the Human Resources Department.
Please note that successful candidates will be required to submit a current and satisfactory Police Record with Vulnerable Sector Check for review prior to starting employment.
Please note that candidates invited for an interview will be required to submit three professional references.
YMCA of Northeastern Ontario is an equal opportunity employer that is dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable work environment. All of our employees and job applicants will be promoted or employed solely on the basis of their abilities and qualifications.