The Fulfillment Department Manager will provide customer service by coordinating the activities of associates to complete assigned tasks relating to receiving and the flow of merchandise through to the salesfloor. This will be accomplished by unloading trailers, pulling pallets to the floor and assisting in the processing of merchandise all in a safe and clean environment. This Department Manager will function as a lead of a team to strategically plan and execute duties based on workload and operational functions.
Primary responsibilities are listed below. Other responsibilities may be assigned.
· Acting as team lead
· Preparing and resetting Receiving Area
· Unloading and sorting general merchandise trailers
· Completing live unloading of other types of merchandise
· Maintaining cold chain for refrigerated and frozen receiving and stocking
· Pulling pallets of merchandise to the salesfloor for overnight processing
· Assisting in stocking the salesfloor as assigned
· Binning overstock merchandise
· Training, coaching and offering feedback to associates
Provides excellent Customer service through:
· Practicing the 3 Meter Rule
· Responding to customer requests for information and service
· Assisting customer in locating merchandise
· Providing a clean, stocked, well zoned store
Ensures that safe work habits are being followed by:
· Performing warm-up stretches prior to shift
· Being knowledgeable about emergency and safety procedures
· Following pallet jack and equipment safety procedures
· Following proper lifting techniques
· Maintaining a safe work area, free of excess debris and fixtures
· Following riser and ladder safety
· Being knowledgeable with lockout/tag out procedures
· Properly handling all liquid and chemical spills
· Maintaining a clean accessible fixture room
Ensures cleanliness through:
· Disposing of trash/boxes quickly
· Keeping a clean, hazard free work area
· Maintaining clean modulars
· Zoning departments
Demonstrates initiative and dependability by:
· Working well on his/her own and requiring very littler supervision and follow-up
· Excelling in a team working environment
· Being flexible based on the freight flow and demand
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Previous supervisory and working experience in a Retail environment is an asset.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Basic Reading/Writing Skills
Ability to understand to the meaning of written or printed matter and to record information by inscribing characters or symbols.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
The associate must complete all Wal-Mart Basic and Advanced Training Modules and classes. The Associate must also be comfortable working with technology and be willing to learn new technological platforms when required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Associate is regularly required to: Spend frequent periods standing with a constant opportunity to move about. It is a frequent requirement to stoop or lift material, fixtures or equipment and climb a ladder.
The Associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 18 kg (40 lbs.) and occasionally lift and/or move up to 36 kg (80 lbs.).
The work environment characteristics described in this section are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job is located in a comfortable indoor area. Conditions could produce mild discomfort on occasion, e.g., dust, moderate noise.
Regular need to give close attention, either hearing or seeing, to what is happening is required. There is some modest pressure from deadlines or other productivity standards. Work is somewhat repetitious.
Job Type: Full-time