Hazelwood Construction Services, Inc., a division of The Hazelwood Group, is seeking Equipment Operators & Pipe Layers for ongoing projects in Nanaimo and Victoria, BC.
We are busy and have consistent, year-round work available.
Total compensation range is $40.25 to $44.50 per hour which includes 12.5% vacation pay, benefits after 250 hours, and pension contributions.
The Heavy Equipment Operator is responsible for operating heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner. Heavy equipment may include rock trucks, front-end loaders, excavators, dozers, graders, and other pieces of equipment. The Operator must be able to dig trenches safely and effectively, fine grade, and load trucks. This role is also responsible to clean, maintain and secure all equipment as directed by legislation, policies and procedures.
The Pipe Layer plays a crucial role in the successful completion of Hazelwood Construction projects. This individual will be involved in every phase of the construction process and will be responsible for such things as pipe-laying, compaction equipment operation and maintenance, site preparation, and excavation. The Pipe Layer must perform all work to regulated organizational as well as provincial and federal standards and procedures and have the ability to adhere to the highest standards of safety.
- 3+ years’ position-related experience
- Previous civil experience considered an asset.
- Ability to properly read and understand blueprints.
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner.
- Effective verbal communication skills.
- Active listening skill considered essential.
- Ability to work as a team as well as with little supervision.
- Ability to take and follow instruction.
- Professional and courteous demeanor when dealing with the public.
We welcome applications from individuals who meet the above criteria and who are interested in a career with Hazelwood Construction Services.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $40.25-$44.50 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- civil construction: 3 years (preferred)