Do YOU want to make a difference?
Join the world’s largest humanitarian network. The Canadian Red Cross Society (CRCS) is a not for profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians, as well as the most vulnerable throughout the world.
The Canadian Red Cross – International Operations is seeking experienced Logistician Delegate professionals to join our Emergency Response Unit (ERU) delegate register! When you apply to this selection process, you are not applying for a specific job, but to an inventory for future vacancies. As opportunities become available, applicants who meet the qualifications may be contacted for further assessment.
Background: An ERU is composed of trained personnel (whom we call delegates) and state-of-the-art equipment ready to deploy at short notice nationally or internationally, to some of the most remote regions of the world, providing medical and healthcare aid to anyone affected by disasters and emergencies. ERUs also prop up temporarily replaced local infrastructure with logistical, communication, administrative, clean water and sanitation support.
This opportunity means that if you’re selected to be part of the ERU Logistician Delegate register, your application will be reviewed on a rolling-basis, and should you meet the role qualifications, we will contact you accordingly once there is a direct requirement for your profile and start you on the path of deploying with us as a delegate!
To deploy with us on national or international missions as an ERU Logistician Delegate, you must have:
- Experience working in emergency operations for the Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement as a Logistician.
- Experience in providing medical logistics support to an emergency operation
- Proven ability to develop, implement and support adequate logistics systems, including planning, managing, procurement, fleet stock and asset management
- Ability to implement sound human resources practices in an emergency context
- Valid Driver’s License and ability to drive with manual transmission
- Availability to deploy on short notice—48-72 hours and on unaccompanied missions of 4-6 weeks
- Completed a number of mandatory online courses and in-person training as required upon selection and onboarding
- Previous international experience in a humanitarian-related context
- Excellent physical & mental health with the ability to complete and maintain a thorough medical screening process
You will STAND OUT if you have:
- Fluency in additional languages (French, Spanish, Arabic & Mandarin are MAJOR assets)
- Experience living/working in hardship and/or low-resource environments
- ERU and Field Assessment Coordination Team (FACT) training would be considered an asset
- International driving license
- First Aid/CPR certification
- Skills in training, facilitation, coaching and development of staff and volunteers
What we offer our delegates:
- Competitive pay and benefits package
- Travel, accommodation, medical & insurance coverage when deploying
- Pre-deployment and recurring training programs and professional development events in Canada and abroad
- And much more! See the list here: http://www.redcross.ca/about-us/jobs/before-you-apply/benefits
Want to foresee how YOU will make a difference? Visit our following websites below to get a glimpse of what we do, aspire to be one of our many current delegates, locate where we deploy, and much more!
The Canadian Red Cross is committed to diversity and inclusion in our workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We welcome applications from all applicants particularly Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, and others who may contribute to diversification and share our values.
Please notify us as soon as possible of any particular adaptive measures you might require at any stage of the recruitment process.
Job Type: Casual
- Logistics: 5 years (Required)