Distinctive Bathrooms & Kitchen is one of Ottawa’s premier destination for home renovations. Having one of the largest showrooms in the Ottawa area, we are a one-stop-shop for bathroom and kitchen renovations. After 30 years, Distinctive continues to offer superior service, unique designs and unparalleled craftsmanship.
The Accountant & Purchaser's responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Prepare monthly financial statements, including journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Manage accounts payable including recording invoices received, preparing payment selection reports, printing and recording checks.
- Manage Accounts Receivable including processing payments and communicating with customers.
- Prepare daily deposits and monthly bank reconciliations.
- Ad hoc reports as requested by management
- Prepare year-end audit file, liaise with auditors
- Issue POs to suppliers
- Enter new products in accounting system
- Track product lead times
- 2+ years of experience in a similar role
- Formal accounting education (College or University, will consider candidates with extensive experience in lieu of formal education)
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Working knowledge of Jonas software is a definite asset
- Experience in a construction company is an asset
- Proficiency in French is an asset
Distinctive Bathrooms & Kitchen is committed to establishing a diverse and equal employment workforce. We invite women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of a visible minority group to self-identify in their application.
Job Type: Full-time