Within the Internal Control Department, the Senior Internal Auditor is responsible for conducting audit assignments for both Head Office departments and Mills as directed by the Supervisor, Internal Audit. Working in close collaboration with department peers, the Staff Internal Auditor prepares the necessary documentation for each assignment, travels to the mill site as necessary to gather the appropriate data, and compiles a thorough and accurate report based on the findings and review process. Assignments are identified on a proactive, as well as reactive basis and are conducted to ensure compliance to internal processes, reasonableness of transactions and accuracy of reporting, as well as proactively identifying areas for process improvement.
Conduct Internal Audits
- Performs assurance and compliance engagements. Evaluates and provides independent verification of the mills’ compliance to regulations, standards, and policies in addition to recommending improvements to established standards and policies.
- Conducts internal audits as per the annual risk-based audit plan or as requested by Management.
- Analyzes and formally documents independent audit findings.
- Delivers independent audit findings and recommendations for improvement to Management
- Collaborates with Supervisor, Internal Audit and Director Internal Audit in developing the annual risk-based Internal Audit Plan and providing periodic updates to the management on the progress against plan.
- Performs confidential audit investigations, as required, where fraud or other impropriety is suspected
- Follows-up on previous internal audits by evaluating the effectiveness of implementation of recommendations; reports on the status of those recommendations; and reassesses risks as necessary.
- Develops an in-depth understanding of the objectives, processes, procedures, and regulations within Paper Excellence in order to identify and assess associated risks.
- Designs and executes audit procedures to independently assess the risk areas identified.
- Performs Continuous Monitoring using SAP generated reports on key high risk areas.
- Prepares knowledge sharing material and present it to the internal audit group.
- Contributes audit ideas to the group during discussions.
- Provides consulting services to evaluate and assess new or changing systems, processes, operations, and controls coincident with their development, implementation, and/or expansion; conducts in-depth risk assessments; and provides value-added recommendations to Management to improve efficiency and effectiveness of risk management.
- Evaluates the control system design, and verify control effectiveness.
- Suggests improvements to operating efficiencies that translate to improvements in net profits.Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting.
- CPA, CA and / or CIA designation.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly: Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Fraud investigation related experience is an asset.
- Canadian GAAP and/or ASPE knowledge is required.
- At least 10 years of internal and/or external audit experience, ideally from the manufacturing sector.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Able to deliver coherent, concise and organised written reports to a high technical standard.
- Able to work independently and takes initiative when necessary. Critical thinking skills are essential to the role.
Please note that while Paper Excellence appreciates all candidates, only those considered will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Auditing: 5 years (Preferred)