JOB POSTING #010-20
POSTING DATE: May 25, 2020
JOB TITLE: Occupational Therapist – Full-Time
INITIAL ASSIGNMENT: In-Home (KL IH OT-001)
BARGAINING AGENT: OPSEU
LOCATION: Kirkland Lake or Englehart
EFFECTIVE DATE: Immediately
The Occupational Therapist is responsible for the provision of occupational therapy services to NE LHIN patients in order to maximize the patient’s function, independence, and safety in their respective environment.
- Registered Occupational Therapist in good standing with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario;
- In-depth knowledge of occupational therapy services and other community resources;
- Good understanding of the roles of health care professionals;
- Relevant occupational therapy experience in a community/health care environment;
- Comprehensive and up-to-date knowledge of occupational therapy tools, processes, equipment, and assistive technology;
- Knowledge of funding agencies related to the occupational therapy recommendations;
- Practical knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation (e.g. regarding the provision of health care services, privacy, health and safety, etc.);
- Comprehensive knowledge of the standards of practice and professional guidelines set forth by COTO;
- Ability to prioritize professional duties, manage multiple patients, and efficiently organize workload;
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills to work with diverse patient groups, case managers, family members/caregivers/Substitute Decision Makers, health care professionals, community organizations and service providers;
- Effective listening, observation, and facilitation skills;
- Ability to communicate information effectively through a variety of means including reports, letters, meetings, and presentations;
- Working knowledge of computer software (email, internet) and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel);
- Must have valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle;
- Advanced oral and written proficiency in English and French is essential; French is an asset.
Occupational Therapists may qualify for a Rehabilitation Professionals Incentive Grant of $5,000 per year for three years which is paid by the Underserviced Area Program of the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care.
The NE LHIN is an equal opportunity employer. Personal information submitted will be used only for the purpose of determining suitability for this vacancy. All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Interested persons are invited to submit a cover letter and resume by e-mail.
Applications received after the date noted above may be considered unless seniority is the determining factor in selecting the successful candidate.
Please refer to posting number 010-20 when applying.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $73,613.00 to $89,971.00 /year
- home health: 1 year (Preferred)