Greater Vancouver Zoo
- Bachelor's degree in relevant biological field or equivalent combination of related training and experience required.
- Minimum three years animal care experience or equivalent.
- Current experience and knowledge of natural history, principles of animal behavior, and general animal husbandry required.
- Must demonstrate good time management skills, including flexibility, creativity, and responsibility in use of time.
- Experience with multiple taxonomic groups (e.g., carnivores, birds, hoof stock, reptiles) preferred.
Perform daily duties as assigned:
- Prepare and distribute food as directed, observe assigned animals closely, routinely, and objectively report to manager on their behavior, health, and welfare.
- Maintain and utilize records and follow established routines and procedures.
- Observe condition of assigned area(s), animal enclosures, and equipment and report relevant information as appropriate.
- Clean animal enclosures, pools, and service areas as assigned.
- Communicate with and assist guests. Participate in public demonstrations. Take initiative to facilitate guests’ appreciation of animals and enjoyment of their visit.
- Train and direct work of interns, seasonal staff, and volunteers.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
- animal husbandry: 3 years (Required)