Job Title: Document Control Coordinator (Quality & Safety)
NCI Canada Inc. of the PSS Group of Companies
Located in the Oakville area. With over 25 years of industry experience, we are recognized as one of Canada’s leading master distributors of pipe, valves and fittings and are proud to service wholesale, retail and OEM customers. All pipe, valves and fittings are sold and supported through our network of authorized distributors and warehouses across Canada
Reports directly to the Quality Manager. The document control coordinator will be responsible for preparing, maintaining and coordinating the quality and safety documentation and performing inspection activities. He or she will work with all departmental personnel in the quality supply chain including suppliers and customers. The coordinator also has accountability for ensuring the quality and safety of all employees at all locations.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limed to the following:
- Prepare and maintain on-line document/record system (ISO & EHS);
- Review and update quality and Safety records including logs for completeness and accuracy;
- Generate document control forms and reports per ISO & EHS processes;
- Ensure timely delivery of documents and completion of records.
- Perform quality inspection activities; Complete reports on incoming/returned goods
- Identify and document quality and safety issues and communicate them to Quality Manager
- Organize and attend safety meetings; Conduct walk-throughs with JHSC representatives;
- Ensure all employees and others comply strictly with established Safety requirements;
- Participate in quality and safety audits, prepare audit reports and follow up on supplier and customer non-conformances. Perform data analysis on the findings and data.
- Maintain in-house training programs including matrix, training files, and audit of training files.
- Train users in use of the QMS and EHS drives; and
- Any other tasks assigned by the Quality Manager and/or VP of Operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Must have excellent computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Adobe;
- Must have excellent communication skills and be able to work in a fast paced environment with conflicting priorities and multiple sister companies;
- Entry level position for incumbents wishing to pursue a career in Quality and Safety;
- Experience in a ISO 9001 regulated environment, documentation and records management is preferred.
- Detail oriented and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to read blueprints is an asset.
- Process improvement experience is an asset.
- Require to work both in both warehouse and office setting. May require on site visits which have exposure to hazards or physical risks that require knowledge of and adherence to safety procedures and precautions;
- Work environment requires having safety footwear and PPE for all warehouse work;
Job Type: Full-time
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Oakville, ON (Preferred)