Position Title: Shipping /Receiving Supervisor
Position overview: Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in verifying and keeping records on incoming and outgoing shipments.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Schedule carriers for outbound loads.
- Daily schedule for all loads to be completed and posted a day in advance for all shipping and receiving staff.
- Purchase orders to be confirmed prior to scheduling truck for pickup.
- Schedules for pickup to be made at the earliest time (this will ensure the freezer is cleaned out to make room for new production product).
- Early hours of loading provides an opportunity for less congestion of shipping and receiving dock area.
- Paper work to be completed in advance.
- Carriers to be monitored for on time arrival for pick-ups.
- Shipping SOP's to be followed for trailer inspection and temperatures.
Produce and post sheets for production product to be placed in storage.
- Cover off with production; manage the production schedule (this will help with what and how many skids that will be required).
- Advance freezer planning as what PO's go where will help keep the freezer organized.
- Storage locations to be identified on freezer layout sheet for all shifts.
- Work to be delegated in priority.
- Production to be placed in the freezer.
- Outbound Purchase to be loaded.
- Receiving inbound ingredients and supplies.
- Putting together and staging local orders
- Clean up.
- Inventories of small freezer, extra, supplies, ingredients (and in the future the large freezer) to be done on a weekly schedule.
- Cross training to be done with staff to cover off for vacation sick days.
Standard Operation Procedures.
- Review of SOP's to be done regularly.
- Best practices to be reviewed along with SOP's.
- Other duties as required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Good communication, both written and oral; ability to manage staff by including them in planning and decision making; prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes and schedules staff; develops realistic action plans.
Education and/or Experience: Two years or more managerial experience in shipping/receiving in a food production facility.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 /year