Job Posting for: Inventory Supervisor
Reports to: Manager, North American Logistics
Employment Type: Permanent, Full-time
About the Company
INOVA aspires to be THE land seismic technology company by developing reliable seismic instruments that enable geophysical service providers to efficiently design and execute complex seismic acquisition programs on behalf of our energy and production customers around the world.
We are a global organization with technical professionals who focus on innovation in land seismic product development to ensure our products remain on the cutting-edge of innovation, guided by the practical reality of what contractors require to reliably execute complex seismic programs in the most difficult operating environments. In addition, we manufacture these innovative seismic instruments with a strong commitment to quality and safety. Our global sales and service teams market our innovative products and concentrate on providing ‘Best in Class’ customer satisfaction.
Purpose of the Job:
The Inventory Supervisor will be responsible for overseeing the daily activities of the inventory control staff. This position will monitor and ensure accuracy of all inventory transactions, as well as maintain records of all stockroom locations. The Supervisor will also be responsible for evaluating inventory needs and implementing strategies to meet those requirements.
Duties and job requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor all cycle count programs to ensure consistency and accuracy in the process, and identify all operational problems in inventory.
- Maintain records of all variances according to established procedures, and ensure accuracy of all product transfers within the facility
- Maintain multiple logs; track and record items issued
- Monitor work of all inventory control personnel, and ensure achievement of all objectives
- Provide guidance and improvements to staff and processes when necessary
- Monitor and ensure accuracy of all inventory transactions and maintain records of all stockroom locations
- Supervise and assist as needed with the picking and packing of parts for job orders, and all other related requests for materials
- Follows all company work processes, state and federal laws for material handling
- Work in accordance with all legislation and company policy requirements pertaining to employee safety, health and wellness
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Work Experience:
- High School Diploma
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience working in a supervisory/managerial role within an Inventory group
- Demonstrated capability of working with MRP systems, preferably Syteline
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Familiarity with computerized ERP systems would be considered an asset
- Outstanding organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to lead, guide and mentor a team
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work well under tight deadlines, handling multiple projects at once
- Maintain a friendly, professional behavior at all times
- Strong computer skills with a proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
We sincerely thank you for your interest in this position, however, we will only contact applicants selected for an interview.
Job Type: Full-time
- Inventory Management: 3 years (Required)
- English (Required)