Lantic Inc. operates a cane sugar refinery in Montreal, Quebec and Vancouver, British Columbia, as well as a sugar beet factory in Taber, Alberta. For over 125 years, we have been offering a full range of all natural, high quality sugars with various crystal sizes, granulated, brown, icing, liquid, invert and dry blends. We also carry a wide range of sweeteners including organic, fairtrade, stevia blends, agave, Smart Sweetener Blend, coconut sugar and Plantation Raw™ sugar.With the acquisition of L.B. Maple Treat Corporation and Decacer, we now also carry a range of authentic maple syrup products for both retail and industrial markets. Our goal is to offer the best quality sugars and sweeteners to satisfy our customers.
Lantic is currently recruiting for the Maintenance Supervisor role based at our Vancouver Refinery. The position reports to the Maintenance Superintendent, Western Canada. The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible to ensure that the machinery and equipment in the Vancouver Refinery is operational and running efficiently from the electrical, Instrumentation and Mechanical standpoint. The incumbent leads and guides a team of unionized employees for achieving the desired motive, in consonance with the company policies, rules, collective agreement, safety policies, legal constraints, and environmental norms.
- Plan and organize maintenance work with operations and other departments;
- Purchase and source necessary equipment for carrying out maintenance work;
- Assign the work and coordinate the plan with the tradesman to ensure that the employees have the requisite tools and equipment for executing the job;
- Ensure the safety, food safety and environmental programs are adhered while executing the maintenance work;
- Manage employees and track their work to ensure that the project work remains on track;
- Supervise on-site contractors and vendors to ensure that the work is completed and received as per the requirement and interest of the refinery;
- Coordinate manpower, create work schedules and monitor employees while work is executed;
- Track time and overtime using Kronos and engage with head-office for employee compensation and hours of work;
- Be involved with calibrations and certifications to ensure that the machinery is duly calibrated and certified before use.
Qualifications and professional experience required:
- Post-secondary diploma
- Minimum 5 years of experience of working in supervisory position and managing in a unionized environment;
- Knowledge of carrying out maintenance in industrial and construction sites;
- Good knowledge of instrumentation, controls and high voltage equipment and maintenance;
- Computer proficient and good knowledge of MS Office;
- Good interpersonal and communicating skills;
- Good planning and organizing skills;
- Able to interface with diverse personalities;
- Leadership skills;
- Proficient in English (oral and written).
OUR MISSION & VALUES: We work to benefit our customers, our people, communities and investors. Our team will conduct business ethically and professionally as we strive to have our brands, products and service recognized as the best.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- supervisor: 5 years (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)