Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role.
All referred applicants must first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague.
19 Lakeside Park Dr, Halifax, Nova Scotia, B3T 1L9
Inspired by food? Committed to excellent service? So are we.
At Loblaw, we are Food Lovers! We are committed to our Colleagues and Customers and work hard to create a culture that allows us to be our authentic selves while working as a Team. We know that clear communication, collaboration and teamwork is the key to having a successful workplace.
We're looking for talented colleagues who are excited about providing an exceptional shopping experience for customers and delighting them every step of the way!
Whether you are just starting your career, re-entering the workforce, or looking for a new job, this is where you belong.
Why is this role important?
Loblaw Companies Limited is Canada’s food and pharmacy leader, the nation’s largest retailer.
Our Distribution Center is currently recruiting for Class 1 Drivers – Short Haul
- Transport temperature controlled shipments from our Distribution Centers to our customers
- Report road incidents to dispatcher and follow accident procedures
- Inspect truck and record issues
- Report mechanical problems and safety concerns
- Refuel and clean vehicle
- Keep an activities log and log hours
- Follow traffic laws
- Other duties as required
- Must have a valid class 1 drivers licence
- Must have a minimum of 2 years’ transport driving experience
- Must have a pair of CSA approved safety shoes
- Must be able to work flexible hours. Including evenings, overnights and days
- Must be able to work a minimum of 4 scheduled shifts per week
- Updated drivers abstract
- Clean criminal record check required
- Good customer service skills
- A competitive compensation package
- Excellent benefit package
- Pension plan, employee shares program and RRSP’s
- Grocery discount card
- Discounts with Goodlife, Koodoo and Venngo
- Yearly clothing and boot allowance
- And more!
At Loblaw, we respect the environment, source products with integrity and make a positive difference in the community. Our CORE Values – Care, Ownership, Respect and Excellence – guide all our decision-making and come to life through our Blue Culture. We offer our colleagues progressive careers, comprehensive training, flexibility, and other competitive benefits – these are some of the many reasons why we are one of Canada’s Top Employers.
Type of Role:
Loblaw recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
Candidates who are 18 years or older are required to complete a criminal background check. Details will be provided through the application process.