As part of a growing design and development team in downtown Toronto, you would have a ground floor opportunity with plenty of growth potential.
Your role, first and foremost, is to push the boundaries of technology, primarily in the virtual and augmented reality space. Outside of a foundation in computer science or software engineering, what we’re looking for most is someone who loves exploring, learning and creating. Our industry moves really fast so it’s not what you know, it’s whether you can adapt and grow.
You are an adaptable developer with a good grasp of what it takes to make great user experiences. You like to problem solve and you’re excited about new technology. As part of a small team, you should first and foremost have a positive attitude, enjoy learning about and absorbing new ideas.
- Developing software for the Oculus Quest, iOS, Android
- Developing inside Unity Engine
- Researching and thinking about the possibilities of virtual and augmented reality
- Cross-technology problem solving
- Building a digital infrastructure and creating best practices
- Collaborating with the design team to build polished user experiences
- Assisting with development lead and projects from start to finish
- Building and testing proof-of-concept experiences with new technology to show “the art of the possible”
- Thinking like an entrepreneur
Only reviewing resumes with the following:
- We will consider Associate candidates with no industry experience if their portfolio is of very high standard.
- Candidates are suggested to have 1-2-year industry experience as a VR Developer within VR industry or similar.
- Unity Experience
- Highschool Diploma
You in a nutshell
- You love programming, hacking, exploring and creating
- You play with technology in your spare time, not just for work
- You have a mindset for collaboration and teamwork
- You’re like experimenting and going down the Google rabbit hole to figure something out
- You’re a perfectionist and actually detail oriented (you don’t just say you are for interviews)
- You like the idea of working at a fast-paced startup and are agile/adaptable
- You want to develop scalable tech products and experiences
- You’re a hacker. You don’t see problems, only opportunities (AKA “Challenge Accepted”).
- You’re an FTP (Follow-Through-Person) and a self-starter who takes ownership in the work you do
Core Skills – Must Haves
- Experience with Unity3D
- Experience with Virtual Reality
- Familiarity with 3D, real-time computer graphics,
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies, or
- Passion for VR/AR/MR, knowledge of Oculus; HTC Vive; Microsoft Mixed Reality Devices
- Proficiency with one or more of the following programming languages: C#
- Preferred Undergraduate degree in one the following: Software Development, Game Development, Information Technology, BIT: Interactive Multimedia and Design, Software Engineering
- Adobe CS skills
- Shader Creation Knowledge
- Data Analysis
- Oculus Quest
- Unreal Engine
- 3D math (matrix/vector math, trigonometry, linear algebra, etc.)
Want to apply?
Due to the volume of applicants, we will do our best to get back to every qualified candidate but we might not. If you’re interested in applying, please creep us on the internet for more information. All selected candidates will undergo a vetting process and test so please be prepared for this.
A quick blurb about yourself and why you think you fit into a startup environment
Reference ID: 08302021
Expected start date: 2021-09-20
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $40,000.00-$50,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- Work from home
COVID-19 considerations: No onsite meetings currently, and option to work from home a couple days a week as long as you in within GTA.
- Do you have Canadian Permanent Residency or Citizenship?
- Do you live in Toronto, GTA, Markham, Oakville, Mississauga or within 1-2 hours Toronto downtown?
- Please include portfolio or else candidacy may not be reviewed:
- Unity Development: 3 years (required)
- Virtual Reality Development: 2 years (required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19