Based out of Kawartha Dairy Limited Distribution Centre: 89 Prince Street, Bobcaygeon, Ontario
Kawartha Dairy are staffed by great people, and right now we’re looking for more of them.
Kawartha Dairy is looking to add a part-time weekend Shipper Receiver with a can-do attitude and a willingness to do what it takes to make a difference. To sustain our position as a premier supplier of quality food products, we strive to employ talented and motivated people. Candidates must be physically able to perform heavy repetitive lifting.
Company Profile: For over 80+ years Kawartha Dairy has been proud to be a 100% Canadian-owned Company. Kawartha Dairy is still operated by the same family that founded it in 1937. Although the company has grown tremendously from its early days, it remains headquartered in the lakeside community of Bobcaygeon, Ontario, near Peterborough, an hour north of the GTA.
We proudly operate 10 retail stores and service a wide range of customers, from grocery stores to food service establishments and of course, ice cream parlours. The company also provides custom production services to other food companies, using Kawartha’ s expertise in the business to produce ice cream and other specialty dairy items to the exact specifications of these firms. We’re known for our super-friendly staff, above-and-beyond customer service, and of course our fabulous collection of ice cream and other products.
In addition to the above, we are also known for our Values. These are as follows:
1-We are family, 2-We enjoy our work, 3-we are customer obsessed, 4-We are small town Canada and 5-we are extremely product of our Quality!!!
What We’re Looking For
- Ability to work every Saturday and occasionally on a Sunday as required. Note: this position will allow for room for growth to become a full time temporary summer employment of 40+ hours during peak season (summer months).
- Candidates who are positive, friendly and social with other team members
- A reliable candidate with strong communication skills and work ethic.
- This is a self-motivated role that requires multi-tasking with the ability to work independently
- Ensure outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage
- Report quality variances
- Unloading of empty milk crates from returning vehicles
- The ideal candidate will have experience in a fast-moving warehouse and will have a demonstrated ability of being very well organized and efficient. A history of picking efficiency and accuracy is an advantage.
- Loading: Efficiently move product from staging and/or storage areas into truck trailers. Prepare and attach accurate shipping documents
- Equipment Used: Load, unload, move, stack, and stage product and materials using a powered or manual walkie
- Maintain the facility’s equipment and materials in a neat, clean, and orderly fashion
- Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner following prescribed work method.
- Experience working in a warehouse setting is preferred
- High degree of attention required to prevent injury to others; promote a safe work environment
- Team player with a consistent, positive attitude
- Effective communicator
- Versatile and flexible to adjust needs and objectives on a daily basis
- Able to work in a high paced environment and maintain very high levels of accuracy
- Strong organization and problem-solving skills with a willingness to learn
- Energetic, Motivated and committed
- Solution oriented with an eye for continuous improvement
- Takes initiative and can motivate others based on actions and attitude
- High school Diploma or GED
- Reach truck, motorized walkie, forklift experience ideal but not necessary
- Warehouse experience is an asset
- Ability to perform repetitive heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs)
How to Apply
Please apply online by November 29, 2019.
Kawartha Dairy is an equal opportunity employer. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process. All accommodation information provided will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of providing an accessible candidate experience
Job Type: Part-time
Job Type: Part-time
- Bobcaygeon, ON (Preferred)