Nüvü Caméras Inc. is a high-tech company specialized in EMCCD cameras considered to be the most sensitive in the world. The company is based in the heart of Montreal and shines on the international stage. Nüvü Caméras commercializes its photon counting cameras in fields such as that of space exploration and surveillance and medical diagnosis.
In terms of the development of future cameras and associated products and services, the chosen candidate will ensure the electronic design as well as the selection of components. In order to evolve across the entire life cycle of an innovative company, the candidate must demonstrate strong prioritizing skills, be renowned for their keen eye for detail while simultaneously seeing the big picture.
In addition to raising the bar on digital and analog electronics design, this position will require one to ensure the procurement of electronic components, for new prototypes, as well as electronic sub-systems, used in manufacturing and research and development. By integrating Nüvü Caméras’ team, the applicant will actively work with a multidisciplinary team of engineers, scientists and technicians where they will be a true complement with their knowledge of electronics and computer sciences.
- Participates in the strategic development and improvement of electronic products;
- Contributes to the design of analog and digital circuits;
- Contributes to the design and maintenance of electronic diagrams;
- Contributes to the design and maintenance of PCB;
- Contributes to the programming of embedded software functions;
- Participates in feasibility studies, experiments, development trials and in the results analysis;
- Communicates ideas and work results with the appropriate management tools/systems and
through reports, presentations and team discussions;
- Contributes to the solutions, if required, to challenges that may arise during electronics
- Follows and participates in the improvement of health and safety policies, internal policies, quality policies and system documentation;
- Management of electronic sub-system procurements.
Education and Required Experience:
You must hold at least a Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or the equivalent and a minimum of 3 years of work experience in complex analog and digital circuit design, PCB design, and in the procurement of components, sub-systems and electronic services from suppliers.
Required Skills and Qualities:
- Advanced knowledge in analog circuit conception;
- Advanced knowledge of VHDL digital design;
- Advanced knowledge of C (programming language);
- Advanced knowledge of embedded system programming;
- Knowledge of digital circuit simulation and optimisation;
- Knowledge in PCB conception (“Design for manufacturing” experience is an asset);
- Excellent ability to diagnose electronic circuit problems;
- Experience with the simulation and optimisation of analog and digital circuits;
- Knowledge of Xilinx products;
- Experience with the programming and the design of embedded systems;
- Experience in C language;
- Knowledge of digital imaging challenges;
- Experience in VHDL digital design;
- Experience in electronic diagnostic and debugging;
- Comfortable working on Linux platform.
Position: Full time, permanent (37.5 hours/week)
Schedule: Flexible from Monday to Friday (mandatory presence between 9:30am to 3:30pm)
Salary: Competitive, based on profile
We ask that candidates withhold from calling, as the numerous applications received does not allow us to respond to each. We thank you for your interest and will contact you if your candidature is retained.
Job Type: Full-time
- complex analog: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- Montréal, QC (Preferred)