Greenhouse Assistant (Full-time)
Canola Breeding Program
Under the supervision of the Operations Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for assisting in the canola breeding greenhouse programs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Planting, transplanting and maintaining canola plants
- Maintaining seed inventories
- Data collection
- Assisting in crossing programs
- Hand harvesting and threshing of greenhouse plants
- Integrated pest management
- Assisting with field activities as needed
To be considered for this position, you should:
- Have some knowledge of plant biology
- Experience working in a greenhouse environment an asset
- Be able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Be able to work in high heat environments
- Possess valid Class 5 driver’s license
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada
Location and Transportation:
DL Seeds Inc. facilities are located on the corner of SW Perimeter Hwy and Hwy 330 (Brett Young Seeds Yard). There is no public transportation to the site. Hours of work are 8am-4:30pm.
Salary will be competitive, based on education, and experience.
Posting Closes April 18, 2019
Job Type: Full-time