Full Job Description
We're looking for an experienced Data Analyst to work with our team of Geoscientists and to compliment them in their exploration and production work.
You'll be reporting directly to our Operations Manager and this will be a great opportunity for you to grow with the Company and head your own data science team in Belloy Geologists.
About the Company
Belloy Geologists is a Calgary based privately owned company providing geological wellsite supervision now for over 40 years.
Our main service remains geological wellsite supervision for the oil and gas industry but has expanded to include operational support, assistance in the implementation of multi-well programs, industrial mineral targets, water source projects, petrological analysis and remote geosteering services. At Belloy Geologists, we take pride in providing the highest quality service and in developing trusting long term relationships with both our clients and our geological associates. With our large number of experienced geological associates (all with a minimum B.Sc. degree in Earth Science), Belloy Geologists can meet the needs of all operators and has proven to constantly evolve with this ever changing industry.
We are seeking in-house Data Analysts to compliment and support our team of Geoscientists working in the field by developing database architecture for information collected in the field and creating programs and softwares as per our individual client requirements and provide the analysis and perform related tasks.
- Collect and document client requirements for data analyses;
- Design and develop database architecture for information systems projects customized to the client’s needs;
- Design, construct, modify, optimize, integrate, implement and test data models and database management systems;
- Operate database management systems to analyze data and perform data mining analysis;
- Analyze raw data: collecting, assessing quality, cleansing, structuring;
- Lead the team of Data analysts and coordinate with the Geologists working on the team to improve the data collection process keeping in view our clients’ expectations;
- Develop and implement data administration policy, standards and models;
- Research and document data requirements, data collection and administration policy, data access rules and security;
- Develop policies and procedures for network and/or Internet database access and usage and for the backup and recovery of confidential data;
- Conduct research and provide advice to your team regarding the collection, availability, security and suitability of data;
- Write scripts related to stored procedures and triggers;
- Initially the candidate will work individually to develop the systems and processes. However over time the candidate has to exhibit leadership skills and may lead his team of data analysts.
Qualification or Skills:
- A minimum of 3 years of previous experience in program design and development;
- Previous Data Analysis experience with a reputed multinational firm is an asset;
- Graduation with courses relating to Computer Science and Engineering is required;
- Professionals pursuing Post graduation in Applied Statistics and Data Science with required experience may also apply;
- Level 1, 2 and 3 Data Analysis is an asset;
- Experience with advanced quantitative data analysis required;
- Superior troubleshooting skills - determine causes of operating errors and make sound decisions about next actions - ability to solve problems & look for improvements;
- Advanced English communication skills (written and verbal) are required – ability to receive and communicate technical information accurately and timely;
- Advanced proficiency with Windows (Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and at least one statistical software (Stata, SAS, R);
- Effective time management and organizational skills, persistence and creativity with problem-solving, and meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time;
- Possesses a positive attitude and the ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to work flexible hours with the potential of overtime (evening/weekend) based on business needs.
How to Apply:
- If interested, please submit your cover letter and resume together as one document in a pdf format.
- Please name your cover letter/resume file using the format: First and Last Name – Position Title (e.g., John Doe – Data Analyst)
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Note: We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $87,360.00-$87,600.00 per year
Flexible Language Requirement:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Calgary, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person