Position: Appliance Repair Technician
Job Number: 2020106 C
Location: Edmonton, AB
Type: Full-time, Permanent
Wage & Allowance: Competitive Market Wage and Car Allowance
Other Benefits: 50% Rent Discount + Company Paid Medical Benefits (Dental, Health and Vision Care)
Mainstreet Equity Corporation is a distinguished real estate company which is publicly traded on Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX). Its business focus is on acquisition & upgrading of residential properties and managing its own portfolio of over 11,500 residential apartments in five major cities across Canada.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Appliance Technician will install and troubleshoots various appliances. He must know how to connect water or gas lines, and how to check for leaks once the appliances are installed. Must also be able repair or replace any defective components found and will know how to dismantle and reassemble appliances to make their diagnosis. Will be responsible for all appliance related duties within their assigned location(s) within a residential multi-family setting.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Examine appliances to determine problems associated with parts and motors, and make initial observations about issues. Test appliances to ensure proper functioning
- Disassemble or pull apart appliances to assess issues associated with parts and motors, and establish requirements for repair.
- Provide maintenance supervisor with information on required work and calculate and present cost if cannot be fixed immediately.
- Troubleshoot and determine reasons for breakdown
- Where possible, replace worn out or defective parts, ensuring that new ones are put in according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Reassemble appliances or units once repairs have been completed, and make required adjustments.
- Create and maintain the inventory of parts and equipment, and communicate low stock situations to the supervisor.
- Estimate labour and material costs, as well as maintain inventory required
- Create and maintain records of all repair and maintenance work done within a shift.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Must possess experience in appliance repairing, maintenance. Electrical certification is desired.
- Prior experience in a residential multi-family environment is an asset
- Flexible to work days, evenings, and weekends
- Must supply own tools
- Must possess a valid Alberta driver’s license and have a reliable vehicle
- Must successfully complete a security clearance
How to Apply
Submit your cover letter and resume quoting “Job No. 2020106 C” in the subject line to our email address. Visit our website for more information (www.mainst.biz).
Although we thank all applicants for applying, only those considered for further discussion will be contacted.
Mainstreet Equity Corporation
Corporate Head Office
305 - 10 Ave SE
Fax: (403) 266-8867
*Mainstreet Equity Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent