Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Employee Services Consultant is responsible for responding to and providing support and coaching for HR service inquiries (Email, On Demand and Telephony) from internal and external partners (e.g. employees, dependents, retirees, candidates, vendors, and people managers, etc.) ensuring timely and accurate answers, either directly or through escalation. This role provides support to employees globally in line with global Standard Operating Procedures (including escalation), Desktop Procedures and Service Level Agreements(SLAs).
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge
- Provides effective and efficient responses to inquiries from internal and external, including employees, dependents, retirees, candidates, Contingent Workers, third party vendors, etc. regarding HR policies and procedures
- Assesses and interprets the level of complexity of employee inquiries, providing coaching (e.g. low complexity ER issues), answering directly or escalating to appropriate parties for resolution
- Acts in an advisory role by providing end-user support for those interacting with HR systems, resolving issues and promoting/guiding employees in the usage of self-service functionalities where possible
- Ensures positive and consistent experiences by striving for excellence in understanding client requests, streamlining service delivery and identifying next steps
- Ensures proper usage of knowledge management and case management systems to effectively respond to, document and monitor inquiries
- Seeks opportunities to improve departmental processes and customer service by identifying service deficiencies, and recommending solutions to HR Experience Managers and Senior Manager, GHR Services Operations.
- Common responsibilities begin when employees initiate contact with Employee Services and ends when inquiry is resolved or case is created for another group to action
- Understands how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations within his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct
- Champions a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team
Education / Experience
- Post-secondary degree in Human Resources or pursuing education in related field
- Knowledge of HR transactions
- Prior experience in a service center or call center environment
- Deep understanding of Bank policies and procedures
- Strong knowledge of organizational structure and complexity
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong relationship management and interpersonal skills
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills
- Attentive to details and deadlines
- Proven teamwork capabilities
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing work environments
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.