Confidential company is looking for a Grain Buyer to join our team. The successful candidate will be able to work independently and within a team environment, demonstrates sound decision-making aptitude and will also be responsible for:
- Develop sourcing strategy through detailed analysis of sales forecast and inventory level.
- Collaborate with supply chain and production team to proactively identify supply plan and aligning the replenishment schedule as needed.
- Working with existing and developing overseas suppliers for various agricultural commodities and finished products.
- Closely working with quality department to establish product specification and ensure products meets quality specification.
- Participating in trade show to meet suppliers/ exploring new products and also visiting their factories for compliance audit.
- Cost reduction through the initiation and benchmarking process. This will include the potential re-sourcing of appropriate vendors, along with the negotiation of pricing, terms and conditions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Work in compliance with Company Occupational Health and Safety Policy.
Employment Qualification and Requirements:
- College diploma in purchasing /supply chain; PMAC or APICS will be as asset.
- 5 plus years of experience in buying food products.
- 5 plus experience in inventory management /replenishment.
- Solid technical skills, experience with ERP based systems, and proficient in Office 365.
- Strong negotiation and communication skills.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- North Battleford, SK (preferred)
- inventory management: 5 years (preferred)
- grain purchasing: 5 years (preferred)
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place