At Hollyburn Family Services, we empower growth and inspire change and we’re looking for people to join our team who want to do the same. Whether you are new to the social services field and want to gain experience, are a veteran in this field, or seeking a new career path, we may have the perfect opportunity for you!
We are looking for Casual (On-Call) Behaviour Support Workers for our Special Needs therapeutic programs. You will work as part of a team to provide support, care, and mentorship to children, youth, and/or young adults with autism and special needs in a therapeutic home setting. A variety of shifts are available, allowing you to work around school, family, or other obligations.
Locations include: North Vancouver, Richmond, Burnaby, New Westminster, Surrey, Delta, Langley, Abbotsford, Mission. Candidates must be available to work in at least two locations.
You must have:
- Ability to meet our Relief/Casual Team Guidelines and Expectations which includes availability requirements for on-call shifts
- Relevant experience or knowledge of the Autism spectrum and/or other behavioural and mental disorders
- High school diploma
- Ability to pass a Criminal Record Check and Ministry of Children and Family Development consolidated check
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Minimum Class 7N BC Driver's License (Class 5 preferred) and acceptable driving record
You’ll score more points if you have:
- Completed or attending post-secondary education in Psychology, ECE, ABA, Nursing, Social Services, or related field
- Relevant experience working with children, youth, and/or young adults with autism or developmental disabilities
- Current First Aid and CPR certificate
- Current Non-Violent Crisis Intervention certification
- Knowledge of behavioural support plans
- Experience with de-escalation and crisis management
- …but don’t let all this stop you from applying, because we will provide you the necessary training and certifications in all these areas!
A (small) sample of what you’ll be doing (Full job description available here):
- Building positive working relationships with the client, family, community members, and other professionals involved in the care team
- Encouraging and modeling acceptable social standards and setting appropriate boundaries
- Engaging in frequent interaction with clients, using appropriate means of communication
- Facilitating recreational and/or educational activities
- Performing household maintenance duties, preparing meals, administering medication, and assisting clients with personal care as needed
- Collaborating with the clinical team and providing input into assessments and care plans
Salary: $21.68-$22.25/hour + 4% vacation pay on each pay cheque
Because we know our team is our heart and our most important asset: We offer hands-on, extensive, and continuous training to all employees. We support professional development and advancement within our ever growing organization. All Relief staff have access to internal postings for permanent full-time/part-time positions.
Complete the application process below, telling us why you are the ideal candidate for this position. NB that once you click submit, you cannot come back to your application to add additional files. Please gather all documents you will be submitting before you start your application below.
At Hollyburn, the health and safety of our employees, our clients, and their families is our number one priority. We are following all protocols set forth by Provincial Health and local health authorities. We conduct health checks at the beginning of every shift, practice vigilant hand washing, high touch surface cleaning, and physical distancing. We also require the wearing of masks at all times when working in the programs and in public spaces of our Administrative offices.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Casual
Salary: $20.95-$21.50 per hour
Work Location: Multiple Locations