Job # 04.20
Job Title: Employment Facilitator–Youth the Future National Program 2.0 (2 positions available)
Start Date: Early summer 2020 (Pending Final Project approval)
Location: Moncton, NB; St. John’s, NL
Program: YTF: National 2.0
Duration: Summer 2020 – May 2023
Salary Range: $45,670-$52,000
Apply by: 11:59pm Sunday June 7 2020
Scope and Purpose:
CCRW is paving the way to a fully inclusive nation, because we believe that disability should never stand in the way of ambition. Youth the Future (YTF) is a program aimed at preparing young Canadians living with disabilities for work experience, through classroom essential skills training and on-the-job work experience, as well as increasing the disability confidence of local employers. We are hiring one Employment Facilitator for our Moncton, NB site and one Employment Facilitator for our St John’s, NL site.
Reporting to the CCRW Supervisor: Youth the Future Program, the CCRW YTF EF holds the unique responsibility to work as a team of two to three, to effectively recruit employers and ensure appropriate employment positions for cohorts of young people living with diverse Disabilities, during which time both Employment Facilitators deliver a 6-8 week pre-employment curriculum (virtual and in-person) in a highly interactive, accessible manner. The EF is able to transition seamlessly from an education to sales/recruitment setting and work effectively in a very small team to equitably share responsibilities, updates related to participant case management, and resolve conflict using the support of YTF Supervisor and/or Manager where necessary.
The EF works as part of a team to identify and develop individualized employment and accommodations plans, as well as appropriate crisis interventions when needed. This position works collaboratively with team members regarding potential employment matches, training opportunities and acts as a support when employment matches are identified to ensure a successful transition.
The incumbent is responsible to work collaboratively in a small team setting, to ensure strategic execution of Program activities and administrative functions with independence and community collaboration, utilizing a community development approach. The Employment Facilitator seeks leadership opportunities to ensure successful service delivery and the achievement of CCRW goals and outcomes. The position continuation is based on outcomes achieved and continued funding of the YTF Program contract through the Government of Canada.
The main accountabilities for this position include but are not limited to:
· Deliver, as part of a team of two, interactive virtual as well as in-person pre-employment training to young jobseekers with Disabilities in a motivational, accessible, inclusive and fun environment.
· Proactively Job Develop: cold calling, reaching out to local businesses to create opportunities for participants. Note that this requires effective “sales”, persuasiveness, and ability to “close”.
· Develop and refine curriculum and delivery methodologies based on feedback and teamwork, for both virtual and in-person workshop preparation and delivery. Seek out additional sources to address identified priority areas regularly.
· Troubleshoot program accessibility requirements for virtual participants and ensure full access to program.
· Administration of program processes and organization of required documentation
· Address and support access to accommodations requirements, from workshop to workplace
· Provide individualized support to create jobseekers’ action-oriented employment plans
· As part of a team, work with individual clients to ensure active participation in their job search
· In collaboration with the Job Developer (when applicable), communicate job opportunities to candidates and as part of a team, screen for potential matches
· Consistently follow up with clients and employers to facilitate employment retention and trouble shoot accommodations, in coordination with the Job Developers
· Provide employers with disability and employment related trainings and facilitate inclusion and accessibility workshops
Who are you:
The Employment Facilitator (EF) is an engaging, intuitive and self-motivated individual able to establish, maintain and enhance relationships with all stakeholders, upholding highest standards of professionalism and integrity. The EF works collaboratively in small teams, managing diverse client cases in group as well as one-on-one settings, utilizing participatory approaches with program participants to enhance learning and employment retention. This individual is ready to take action, jumping in to create new relationships after having met with 3 clients back to back. They are organized, dynamic and creatively approach problem-solving, possessing demonstrated experience in social service delivery job development/sales.
Requirements to be considered for this job:
· COMPLETE fluency in French/English required for Moncton, NB site
· Proven ability to deliver interactive skills-building workshops ideally to youth with Disabilities, and/or other demographics experiencing barriers to social integration.
· Demonstrated experience in direct sales, job development or other related skills, ideally in high volume environments
· Proven experience working with youth and/or employment focused case management services for jobseekers with disabilities
· High achievement orientation to meet and exceed targets
· Post-secondary Degree or Diploma in employment counselling, social services, education, communications or equivalent combination of experience and education
· Demonstrated knowledge in Disability accommodation
· Experience working with a wide variety of individuals from a cross-disability perspective
· Experienced with motivational interviewing techniques
· Organized and comfortable with office administration, experience using MS Office Suite.
· Access to reliable transportation and high-speed internet at home
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and current resume in one document, clearly indicating how they qualify for the role. Please quote Job #04.20
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CCRW is committed to workplace inclusion. Candidates of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation at any point in the application process for this position, please email us.
- Work from home opportunities
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Dental care
- Vacation & paid time off
- Employee assistance programs
- RRSP Match
- Flexible working hours
Reference ID: Job #04.20
Expected start date: 2020-06-14
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $45,670.00 to $52,000.00 /year
- client case management: 1 year (Required)
- workshop facilitation: 1 year (Required)
- direct sales/recruitment: 1 year (Required)
- teamwork: 2 years (Required)
- disability accommodations: 1 year (Required)
- program administration: 1 year (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19