Job title :
COMMUNITY HEALTH WORKER
QUEEN VICTORIA HOSPITAL
RELIEF PART TIME (0.54 FTE)
Do you pride yourself on your positive attitude and strong work ethics? Are you dedicated to delivering patient-centered care? Then we want you to come join our team at Revelstoke Home Support.
Nestled between the spectacular Selkirk and Monashee Mountains on the mighty Columbia River, you will find the Gateway to Mountain Adventure and National Parks - Revelstoke. This city offers unique opportunities for both visitors and residents - untouched natural beauty offering year round adventures with a legacy of heritage buildings that lend character and quaintness to the town. Hiking, mountain biking, fishing, caving, canoeing, snowmobiling and the best backcountry skiing anywhere are only some of the benefits offered. The rest you will have to check out for yourself.
As a Community Health Worker, you will work as part of a dynamic team of Nurses and LPNs who support Community Clients’ independence and ability to stay at home. Community Health Workers provide home support services to clients, by assisting with personal care and daily living, while promoting maximum independence. Community Health Workers are key players in the home health care plan for each client.
Typical duties include:
- Activities of daily personal care, such as bathing, dressing, grooming and oral hygiene
- Household duties related to maintaining a safe and healthy environment in the home
- Meal preparation in accordance with designated plans
- Assistance with mobility and transfers
- Observing and reporting changes in client behaviour and condition
- Performing delegated tasks according with training and procedures
This is a Relief Part Time (0.54 FTE) position until the incumbent returns. The successful applicant will work rotating days with shift times 07:00 to 13:00. There are also additional opportunities for casual work – if you wish to work more hours just let us know!
For people with certain health issues, age-related limitations or other disabilities, managing everyday tasks can be challenging. The support that we provide through the Home Support program enables clients to recover or simply remain at home rather than in a hospital or care facility – in many cases our visits can be the highlight of their day!
If you are looking for an opportunity to do meaningful work supporting your clients while working with a great team, Revelstoke home support is the place for you. Apply today!
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum
- Grade 12
- Graduation from a recognized Resident Care Aide/Home Support Worker Program, or an equivalent combination of education, training and relevant experience
- BC Care Aide and Community Health Worker registry (please include your number)
- Current valid BC Drivers’ License and use of a reliable vehicle
- Along with your CV (or resume) please provide a copy of your health care certificate*
- We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
- Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.