KELLY & KELLY
BARRISTERS & SOLICITORS
#220, 3505 -32 Street N.E. CALGARY, ALBERTA CANADA T1Y5Y9
PERCY PYRA, B.Sc., LL.B.
DERYK KUNY, B.Ed., J.D.
JENNA KILLAM, B.A., J.D.
Kelly & Kelly is an ever-growing law firm that handles a wide variety of legal matters. From personal injury, family law, regulatory defense work, immigration law and criminal law, our law firm in Calgary is looking for a Legal Assistant and/or bookkeeper to join our team immediately.
We provide legal services to individuals injured as a result of motor vehicle collisions, slip and fall accidents, bicycle accidents, product liability, together with family law matters, immigration applications, and criminal and regulatory defenses.
We offer a challenging and rewarding career opportunity and the opportunity to grow as well as to work with and learn from experienced personal injury lawyers.
You will perform receptionist duties and provide administrative support to the team at Kelly & Kelly. We are currently accepting applications for a position as a Legal Administrative Assistant with the following qualifications:
- Accounting and Mathematical skills are an asset
- Excellent grammar, spelling and proofreading skills
- Superior analytical, organizational and prioritization abilities
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong technical computer skills
- Experience with Cosmolex, or similar accounting software, is required
- A team player who works well under pressure
- Able to take initiative, set priorities and multitask
- Flexibility and adaptability would be beneficial
- Bank account statements and reconciliations, including trust accounting reconciliation
- Management and prompt payment of invoices, accounts payable and expenses
- Balance and maintain accurate ledgers
- Accounts receivable follow-up
- General bookkeeping
- Communicating with internal and external contacts
- Prior legal experience would be beneficial, but not necessarily required
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Co-ordinating and monitoring administrative functions to ensure work is completed accurately and within established time frames
- Managing files through all stages of the legal process, including opening and closing files, preparing undertakings list, following-up on productions and undertakings
- General administrative duties including entering timesheets and preparing accounts
- Maintaining calendar and bring forward client matters
- Preparing and typing court documents and pleadings
- Drafting Affidavits of Documents
- Preparing and typing client correspondence and reports
- Preparation of Medical Briefs
- Preparation of Motion Records
Furthermore, we are seeking somebody with a vibrant personality, who is well organized and pays strong attention to detail, and somebody who has an excellent work ethic to help Kelly & Kelly maintain its full potential. The ideal candidate will also possess a strong work ethic, be dedicated to providing quality service to our clients, and have an ability to be productive in a time-sensitive and fast-paced environment with minimal supervision. The ability to prioritize, multi-task, and take initiative will help the candidate be successful in this position.We offer competitive compensation, based on the successful candidate’s experience and upon completion of a 3 month probationary period. Moreover, we offer an encouraging and nurturing work environment with room to grow and develop here in Calgary.
Hours: Monday through Friday, 9:00am – 5:00pm
Please fax or email your resume, cover letter, and contact information to our team. Resumes and applications can also be faxed to our office or dropped off in person to the main reception. We thank all applicants for their interest in joining our team at Kelly & Kelly, however, we will only contact chosen Applicants. We look forward to hearing from all Applicants.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: In person