This role operates in English.
The work location for this role is flexible to Vancouver, BC or Mississauga, ON.
Federated Agencies, is looking to fill the position of Broker. While reporting to the Team Lead, Broker Services Federated Agencies, the successful candidate will be responsible for marketing and pre-underwriting Specialty Lines Accounts, recommending and interpreting Special Lines products and coverage, while building strong relationships with our distribution partners to ensure excellent client service. Managing a fast paced, ever changing environment and prioritizing large volumes of work and/or tight deadlines is key. The requirements of your role require you to be available for different shifts between our business hours of 8:30 am – 7:30 pm EST. The Co-operators reserves the right to periodically review and make changes to shift times to meet future business requirements. Staff will be notified of such changes well in advance.
What you’re responsible for:
- Reviewing and pre-underwriting new business and renewal applications to ensure accuracy and eligibility before marketing to Insurers.
- Marketing new accounts after reviewing and comparing existing coverage, deductibles, terms and conditions, and premiums, with alternative products options.
- Reviewing existing accounts for coverage discrepancies and offering coverage solutions to our distribution partners.
- Interpreting Special Lines products and coverages as required, for either internal or external business partners, and establishing relationships with key market underwriters to achieve competitive advantage in the marketplace.
- Understanding and maintaining knowledge of current industry trends and building marketplace relationships to remain well informed and knowledgeable on product availability.
What to expect:
- Repetitive, transactional tasks where accuracy is essential.
- Detail oriented work that requires a high degree of mental concentration for extended periods of time.
- You will handle sensitive information where a high degree of confidentiality and discretion is required.
To be successful:
- You remain focused and optimistic in the pursuit of a goal, despite barriers, until the objective is achieved and allocate time and resources to effectively manage the sales portfolio.
- You successfully build plans focused on expanding market penetration and apply an innovative mindset to improve operational efficiencies, with a client centric lens.
- You have strong communication skills to influence or persuade others to adopt a specific course of action and can effectively facilitate mutually beneficial solutions.
- You build trusting relationships and provide guidance to support the development of peers.
To join our team:
- College diploma or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Possess or are willing to attain and maintain RIBO and other provincial licenses CIP or C.A.I.B designation an asset.
- Minimum of three (3) year Commercial Lines experience or equivalent business experience.
- Specialized knowledge of commercial property and general liability coverage, as well as product offerings of the various markets.
- Experienced in working with Managing General Agents and hard to place or specialty lines markets.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to take on challenging work and contribute your expertise, creativity, and passion in meaningful ways.
- A holistic approach to your well-being, with physical and mental health programs and flexible work options.
- The opportunity to work on an inclusive team who inspire each other to explore and achieve what’s possible.
- A company that is committed to support the social, environmental and financial well-being of the lives, families and communities we impact.
Job Type: Full-time