At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
What you will do:
What you bring:
- Diagnose and/or correct all technical problems for all of Rogers products and services in residential and commercial environments to the satisfaction of the customer and in accordance with company specifications.
- Reconnect/disconnect equipment and/or services as per company standards and procedures.
- Ensure that communication with customers, other departments and peers is done in a professional manner.
- Maintain strong customer relations through daily contact with customers.
- Install new services, extra outlets and equipment in domestic dwellings, apartments and commercial buildings.
- Complete installation work. (e.g., rewires, fishing, drop replacements)
- Promote and sell company services
- Complete accurate documentation pertaining to installations, service and sales activity.
- Assist Managers in reducing departmental costs through efficiencies and improved productivity.
- Learn and adhere to all applicable Health & Safety regulations, both legislatively mandated, and as outlined in company policy.
- Adhere to the “One Rogers” principals of Customer First and First Time Right.
- Active involvement in upgrading your technical skills as required by the position either through SCTE, Rogers Technical Training or other defined sources.
- Meet and exceed all performance metrics assigned and measured by the company
- All other duties as assigned
- Pay, benefits, and work schedule as per the London Technical Employees Association Salary Plan.
- As this is a London Technical Employees Association position, London Association members are encouraged to apply.
- Minimum grade 12 education.
- Electronics Technician Certificate or Diploma would be an asset.
- Minimum two years Cable TV experience or equivalent experience from a related industry.
- Must possess a valid driver's license, with a safe driving record.
- Excellent customer service communication skills, demonstrating an understanding of NPS (Net Promoter System).
- Must have experience in computer operations relating to but not limited to networking configurations, hardware, software, applications and how computers interface with Rogers products and services.
- Must be able to handle all physical aspects of the job, which include lifting/moving heavy equipment (approx. 80 lbs) and climbing ladders/poles at heights up to 40 feet.
- General knowledge of building construction.
- Ability to work shifts, weekends, and overtime, as required.
- Must be willing to work in adverse weather conditions.
- Previous sales experience will be considered an asset.
- Knowledge of telephony systems.
Length of Contract:
Not Applicable (Regular Position)
800 York St P.O.Box 5800 (033), London, ON
Up to 10%
Field Operations & Installation
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
Our people are at the heart of our success
Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
We do what’s right, each and every day
We believe in the power of new ideas
We work as one team, with one vision
We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.