For 100 years Western Financial Group, a Canadian insurance brokerage has listened to and cared for over 1,000,000 customers. A career at Western will challenge you while offering opportunities for continuous development.
Use your Commercial Insurance expertise to manage a book of business, ensuring your clients have the coverage they need, by building strong relationships in the community.
The key role of the Account Executive is to identify and generate new sales opportunities. Every day you will be build lasting relationships with your customers, helping to protect what matters most to them.
Meet and exceed sales and retention targets, acting as liaison between your clients and insurance providers
- Develop and present innovative coverage solutions to support our clients needs
- Prospect and up-sell when talking to public on all lines of business sold
- Provide quality customer service to clients and promote cross-selling of Western Financial Group products
- Liaise between client and external insurance companies to ensure fair and proper representation for both parties
- Follow up on your current client accounts to ensure all outstanding activities are resolved
- Remain current and develop expertise in assigned market and plan for breaking into new markets
- Continuous self-development, through industry and community involvement, and industry related courses
Our Team Environment
We work together every day to build authentic relationships, with our customers and with each other. We enjoy a fast-paced, multi-faceted environment, and make an effort to celebrate everyone’s successes on the team. We value hard work and making sure our customers have the accurate coverage they need because we can see the difference this makes in our community.
- General Insurance Level 1 License required, preferred commercial insurance knowledge
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to adapt in the face of adversity
- Must be passionate about helping people, self-driven, and determined to succeed
- Demonstrated talent to grow and develop relationships with our existing clients, new clients, industry related associations and our community
- Experience managing a book of business or relatable work experience
- Capacity to provide exceptional customer service
- Knowledge of the marketplace and community to maximize revenue
Hours: Full time - 37.5 hours/ week
Location: Kelowna- Harvey Branch
Requisition #: 56408
Western provides our employees with a competitive compensation package. Full time: 3 weeks’ vacation plus paid personal days, Company Matched investment and saving programs, extended health and dental benefits, including a Health Care Spending Account, 50% premium paid, and 50% paid BC MSP.
Western Financial Group has its own charitable foundation, check it out here, Western Communities Foundation.
Job Type: Full-time
- managing a book of business or relatable work: 1 year (Required)
- commercial insurance knowledge: 1 year (Preferred)
- General Insurance Level 1 (Required)