ABOUT THE COMPANY
FXR is a dynamic, rapidly growing, privately held Manitoba based company established in the owner’s basement over 25 years ago as a passion project.
As the global leader in snowmobile, motocross and outdoor apparel as well as protective equipment, this growing international company designs, markets, produces and sells all gear for performance driven, power sports athletes and enthusiasts around the world.
FXR distributes their product through power sports dealers, its own retail stores and through the www.fxrracing.com website, shipping products around the world through their warehouses located in Canada, USA and Sweden.
Offering the opportunity to build a fulfilling career with plenty of room for growth and advancements, FXR offers the opportunity to challenge yourself while doing engaging work every day with a highly energetic, fast paced, creative, family-oriented team.
ABOUT THE JOB
As the FXR Studio Product Photographer working out of our head office, you’ll be responsible for a wide range of tasks all related to the production and preparation of product images for both print and digital marketing initiatives. Our collection is large, and our marketing is constant requiring strong organization and communication skills to keep on top of a fast-paced work environment and work efficiently with the existing team and marketing calendar. Most importantly, we’re looking for someone who has a great eye for detail, is passionate, open minded, creative, leads by example, creative and is conscientious about how and when things are done.
- Work hand in hand with the Marketing and Design team regarding all product photography strategy, styling, requirements etc.
- Assume responsibility for strategizing, coordinating and executing all studio photography for seasonal catalogues and e-commerce websites.
- Appropriately label and file all photography according to pre-determined naming conventions.
- Assist in creating graphic designs for print catalogues, store signage, event flyers, digital ads and the website.
- Manipulate product photography to meet exacting standards (puppet warping, photo manipulating, photoshopping images to match vector designs, colour correcting, cropping, batch product photography etc.).
- Revise product images, keeping images up to date with design and or spec changes.
- Stay up-to-date with photography trends and new developments while advocating for exceptional photo standards.
- Coordinate with both internal and external teams on requirements and scopes of photo requirements.
- Familiarize yourself with all related products in the line.
- Audit and refine photo studio related procedures.
- Maintain an organized, well-tended photography studio.
- Contribute to team effort, willing to offer support for other Graphic Design projects, as assigned.
Your knowledge, skills and experience include:
- 3+ years of relevant experience.
- Post-secondary degree or certificate in related studies.
- Experienced operating a DSRL camera.
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite CC with a strong emphasis on Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and Lightroom (puppet warping, photo manipulating, photoshopping images to match vector designs, colour correcting, cropping, batch product photography etc.).
- Experience in both staging and photographing clothing.
- A valid driver’s license with regular access to a vehicle for daily commute to Oak Bluff.
- Experience with Ortery solutions (turntable, live studio, light box, software etc.) is a plus, but not required.
- Experience with InCopy is a plus, but not required.
- Maintains a positive and professional demeanor, with the ability to instill the trust and engagement of others.
- Ability to solve problems efficiently, think creatively and deliver quality user focused solutions in a timely manner.
- Strong communication, organizational, problem solving, critical thinking and time management skills – proactive solution oriented.
- Capable of working collaboratively with leadership team, co-workers, stakeholders, and outside interests while inspiring others.
- Thrives in a dynamic fast paced work environment.
- Highly attentive to detail.
- Goal and deadline oriented.
- Passion for powersports and or apparel is a plus.
- Market competitive salary depending on qualifications and or experience.
- Flexible working hours Monday - Friday, 8:00 or 8:30am to 4:30 or 5:00pm with overtime required from time to time during peak seasons (June – August and December – January).
- Vacation days.
- Comprehensive benefit plan and excellent employee discounts.
- Career growth and continued development.
- Respectful, family-oriented working environment with strong company values.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 3 years (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)