Are you looking for a well-established firm where you can work with reputable lawyers and knowledgeable staff? Parlee McLaws LLP is seeking Associates to be part of our busy and growing Litigation Group.Our firm has been providing legal services to clients for over a century now, with a strong presence in multiple practice groups stemming from both our Edmonton and Calgary branches. We’re seeking exceptional individuals to be part of that legacy in Edmonton and in return, will be rewarded with competitive remuneration, be an integral part of a thriving practice group and growing firm, and have the opportunity to be mentored by Parlee's top performers.
The ideal candidate possesses:
- 3 or more years of litigation experience;
- A commitment to the firm’s core values of honesty and integrity, excellence in legal abilities and client service, teamwork approach, leadership abilities, and effective practice management skills;
- A history of managing strong work and client relationships and in engaging multiple stakeholder groups;
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively, with excellent presentation skills;
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, coupled with sound judgement; and,
- Effective leadership skills including the ability to motivate, coach, and develop associate lawyers and students.
In return, we offer:
- A formal practice group structure enabling you to maximize your talents and enhance your knowledge;
- Advanced communication, file management, and research technologies;
- Skilled, knowledgeable, and experienced paralegal and administrative support;
- A competitive compensation and bonus structure
- Excellent benefits package and perquisites; and,
- The opportunity to become part of a dynamic, collaborative and relationship-focused team
Sound like a good fit? We look forward to hearing from you! Please send your resume via email and tell us about your practice, your interests, and your commitment to the profession. Your application will be confidential.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Litigation: 3 years (Preferred)