Toronto, ON, Canada Req #8140
Thursday, March 25, 2021
Ceridian. Makes Work Life Better™
This is our promise. Not only for our customers, but our employees as well.
Do you thrive in an innovative and exciting environment that’s continuously evolving? Ceridian is looking for fun, intelligent, team oriented people who believe in our values: Customer Focus, Transparency, Diligence, Optimism, and Agility. Our workplace culture provides empowering programs for career growth and offers diversity and inclusion groups to support every person’s career journey. Ceridian employees have declared Ceridian a Great Place to Work® in 2019, a Glassdoor Best Places to Work in 2019, and one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for the 16th consecutive year!
Find out why Ceridian is such a great place to work.
For this role, we are open to remote work and can hire anywhere in the United States and Canada
About the Position:
As the Senior Director of Services Operations, you are a versatile, self-driven, proactive, and hands-on leader who is a critical partner to the Global Head of Services and his team. Your responsibilities include the strategic management of topics including forecasting, reporting & analytics, business insights, cross-functional projects, business processes, and tools, and leading a team of business partners aligned to the Services leadership team.
This role provides an excellent opportunity to lead a team that is challenged with a wide range of projects and has significant exposure to senior leaders across the business. You will see the impact of your work in this role.
Expectations for the role include:
- Development and execution of a plan to help drive a business shift from current-state to future-state processes and KPI’s as we mature our services organization
- Ability to deliver high-level executive summaries, offering insights and recommendations relevant to your audience based on complex detailed-level analyses that you’ve built or consolidated
- Problem-solving, project management, and collaboration skills to take on new challenges, interpret operational needs, and develop & execute integrated, tactical solutions in collaboration with relevant business functions for overall success
- Strong business acumen and financial literacy skills, with ability to actively identify areas of opportunity for the business to drive scale, improve margins, and/or streamline existing processes
- Leadership skills to build, grow, and inspire a high performing global team to be true consultative business partners to the leaders that they support
- Ability to think strategically from the perspective of the senior leadership team to synthesize data across multiple datasets and pull together an overall story
- Confidence to interact regularly with senior leadership, and ability to act as a spokesperson for the function on significant matters
- Build relationships across the business to influence outcomes that ensure that solutions fit with your detailed knowledge of the operations, goals, and processes of the company, the Services team and the Global Business Operations team
- Be accountable for the output of the team for high-quality, high-impact work, and for ensuring the team’s processes can scale with the business
- Support a culture of continuous learning, and continuous modernization of how the team does their work
- Forecast project activity (pipeline, backlog, revenue tracking) using team input, historical analyses, and other key metrics to make recommendations to senior leaders, considering opportunities and risk factors
- Manage revenue and expense operational inputs into the Finance team, including billable hour forecasting for a balance of project demand aligned with capacity constraints
- Proactively design, monitor, and interpret key performance metrics and appropriate data visualizations, and share insights with senior leaders
- Manage the weekly and monthly forecast cadence, adding value to each interaction and building new processes to support these cycles
- Actively participate in strategic initiatives across the company and stay connected to the business and pace of change
- Build processes/targets/tools that help drive change across the business to achieve KPI’s, and work directly with the business to launch, train, and support these initiatives
- Leverage NetSuite, Excel, PowerBI, and relationships with Technology to build easy-to-use, repeatable and reliable deliverables
- Manage the headcount and overall budget for your team
- Strong executive presence with exceptional presentation, written, and oral communication skills
- Solid leadership skills, including driving impact and influence across teams
- Excellent analytical skills, problem solving and organizational skills, with strong attention to detail
- Proven track record of management and leadership skills required to drive operational efficiency throughout a global professional services organization
- Strong strategic planning skills and sharp business judgment with exceptional execution
- Strong project management skills with high levels of personal accountability/reliability
- Proactive learner with self-starter mentality and strong interpersonal skills
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerBI, experience with NetSuite, SFDC, or FinancialForce an asset
- Bachelor’s degree in Business-related discipline, CPA or MBA an asset
- 10+ years relevant experience in services, strategy, services operations, management consulting, financial planning & analysis, data analytics, or other relevant professional experience
- 5+ years working in the services/consulting industry with prior experience designing business processes preferred
- 5+ years people management experience
- Experience in forecasting, planning and analysis of key metrics an asset
- Previous experience developing and deploying operational infrastructure for a newly formed service organization an asset
Ceridian is fueled by the diversity of our talented employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and consider and embrace ALL individuals and what makes them unique. We believe our employees should be happy and healthy, with peace of mind and a sense of fulfillment. We provide our employees with comprehensive benefits for various life circumstances and needs, great opportunities for career development, and a balanced lifestyle to achieve personal and professional success. We encourage all individuals to apply for positions that fit their passions.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted by a Ceridian Recruiter with a @ceridian.com email directly from our organization.
Job Family Management Job Function Executive/Management Pay Type Salary