Job Description: Community Office Support Worker
ATCCC is a Christ-centered, non-profit ministry focused on substance abuse treatment and recovery. Our vision is to put hope within reach of every community by providing freedom from life-controlling issues through the power of Jesus Christ. This position requires someone who is a born-again, Spirit-led believer and agrees to the Christian doctrines found on the ATC website. This role also requires the individual to live/work in and through these core values:
We treat people like Jesus did, with eyes of grace, while speaking the truth.
From the long-distance vision to the day-to-day tasks, our ministry is worth our best effort
Our Saviour treasures the men, women, and teens in our care, and we are honoured to serve them.
We live to become more like Jesus and invite many people to come with us
Cultural Fit: An energetic, positive thinker who is humble, hungry and smart. Humility is always serving others and making the engagement experience powerful, whether a customer, a donor or a fellow team member. Hungry to perform with excellence while striving for continuous learning. The ability to be socially and relationally smart in interacting and engaging others on behalf of the ministry, understanding every team member represents ATCCC.
Description: The position consists of planning, coordinating, administrating and executing recovery and discipleship programs, fundraising and awareness for ATCCC Ministries. Other responsibilities include, special event planning, church/school/outreach presentations in their community/jurisdiction.
Duties & Responsibilities: This is not a complete list of this position’s duties and responsibilities. The items below are examples of the types of activities performed. Other duties may be assigned.
Primary Purpose: Serving the ministry of ATCCC through outreach and non-residential programming. This position is responsible for professionally representing ATCCC in as a leader and a minister.
- Provides the first point of contact for community members. Assessing individual needs and connecting people to the next step for support. (Detox, Housing, Program Application, Medicals, clinical pastoral counselling, etc…)
- Performs initial mental health assessments for clients applying to program. Assisting in the intake process and helping them with the paper work required to attend the program/s applied for. (ATCCC, Other partner organizations, Physical or further Mental Health assessments etc…)
- Networks and builds relationships with parallel agencies for referrals such as mental health, employment, shelters, detox, youth services.
- Leads and organizes community support groups (ie., Ready Now Recovery) and provides support and training to all other facilitators and groups.
- Recruits, filters & trains volunteers for all levels of ministries needs. Including appropriate directors when applicable.
- Serves the ATCCC after care ministries by provide accountability, support and mentorship as needed to ensure that the ATCCC DNA is realized and carried out.
- Coordinates & represents ATCCC at churches, schools, special events or other events.
- Plans Monthly ATCCC "Freedom Church"
- Raises awareness of the organization and its primary goals through outreach efforts, regular events in the community, publications, and media relations.
- Cultivates and maintains relationships with local donors by responding to their inquiries, keeping them apprised of recent events with the organization and showing them the progress their donations have made possible.
- Assists with the development of local ministry growth, fundraising, administration, planning and communication
- assist with a standard of excellence in the maintenance of facilities, vehicles and all other ATCCC property.
- Ensures accurate reports and information are being accomplished.
- Trained and willing to help cover vacation/sick days for staff.
- Able to self-manage time well. Must be flexible with hours/days worked as needs arise, evening and weekends required.
- Willing to participate in training and development as requested
Budgetary: To participate, promote and support fundraising for the ministry of ATCCC.
Collaboration: Responsible for communicating with the Community Office Director on hours worked, tasks, or needs that arise. Communicate with other departments about details, ministry and outreach dynamics.
Decision Making: Communicate and report suggested changes with the director for approval.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with a wide variety of potential donors and clients.
- Highly motivated self-starter that demonstrates knowledge of development strategies, and public relations.
- Public speaking skills are required for speeches at fundraising events, presentations to donors on recent achievements, and meetings with the local volunteer advisory team.
- Able to inspire trust and camaraderie in employees and potential donors alike.
- Willingness to learn and be teachable
- Able to be an examples to other staff in daily living
- Actively demonstrate and maintain excellent working relationships with all program staff and all other departments
- Strong organizational skills and highly effective communication skills.
- Strong understanding of the DNA of the Adult & Teen Challenge ministry.
- Understanding of human nature and the physical and spiritual battles that they
- Working knowledge and willingness to adapt to web-based programs and reporting.
- Ability to diffuse tense situations.
- Ability to mentor and lead others.
- Valid drivers license
Work Environment: Community Office
Job Type: Full-time