Better at Home is a program that helps seniors with simple day-to-day tasks so that they can continue to live independently in their own homes and remain connected to their communities. The Government of British Columbia funds the program, United Way of Lower Mainland manages it, and SOS will provide the services in the Oceanside area.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinates the day-to-day operations of the Better at Home program.
- Ensures that the goals and objectives of the program are met and maintained.
- Assesses the needs of clients to ensure appropriate allocation of services.
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant field or equivalent education and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and manage volunteers.
- Strong computer knowledge and experience working with online reporting tools.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Demonstrated ability to comply with policies and procedures regarding privacy, confidentiality and risk management.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated administrative, financial management, record keeping and reporting skills.
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week + Benefits after 6 months
Rate of Pay: Dependent on qualifications/experience
Start Date: ASAP
Deadline: June 12, 2019
Submit resume and references to:
Assistant Executive Director,
Society of Organized Services (SOS),
PO Box 898, 245 West Hirst Avenue,
Parksville BC V9P 2G9.
Note: Police Information Check required.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however,
only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time