- Preparation of working paper files (audits, reviews, compilations), financial statements and notes, and related tax returns
- Assist in the planning, organizing and controlling of these engagements to meet deadlines including the effective and efficient wrap-up of the engagement.
- Preparation of personal tax filings
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- University degree in Commerce, Accounting or Finance
- Professional accounting designation (CPA-CA) or nearing completion
- Working experience in public accounting is required
- Experience in tax is preferred
- Strong communication skills, both oral & written
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure with flexibility and adaptability in managing conflicting deadlines
- Working knowledge of Caseware, Profile and Microsoft Office is preferred
- Access to a vehicle is required; be willing to travel from the office on occasion
- Willingness to occasionally assist in other Welch offices in Quinte Region as needed
- HOW TO APPLY: *
If you are interested in a great career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, please apply by sending your resume referencing: Senior Staff Accountant – Picton in the subject line to the careers e-mail address.
Welch LLP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
Visit the Welch LLP website to learn more about the firm: www.welchllp.com
Welch LLP is an independent member of BKR International, a global association of professional accounting firms: www.bkr.com
Location of the Picton Office:
289 Main Street, Suite 2Picton, ON K0K 2T0
Job Type: Full-time