Duncan Christian School is a diverse Christian school located in the beautiful Cowichan Valley on Vancouver Island. We currently serve approximately 390 students from preschool through grade 12, including many indigenous families from Cowichan Tribes.
DCS invites applications for a library technician. This is a part-time position (approximately 50%). Responsibilities include:
- Leading and coordinating our library program
- Ordering materials, cataloging books, and organizing the library
- Facilitating the use of online resources
- Effectively using computer and software systems related to the library program
- Lending books to students and staff
- Reading with students
- Alerting students and staff to new or helpful books and resources
- Working with each elementary class once/week
- Providing a welcoming and comfortable library space
There may be opportunities to grow the position by taking on a learning support role, which could add 10-20% more time to this position.
This position begins in late August at the start of the 2019-2020 school year and has the potential to become a permanent, continuing position.
We seek staff members who love to build relationships with youth and enjoy working together with colleagues, families, and young people to provide a supportive and welcoming school community for students from many backgrounds. If you love Christ and have a passion in these areas, we would like to get to know you better.
Please explore our website or Facebook pagefor more information about Duncan Christian School.
To apply, please submit the following to Jeremy Tinsley, Principal:
- cover letter
- resume (with references)
- a statement of your personal faith
Staff at DCS must abide by the policies set forth in the employment contract. For teaching positions, all teachers are required to be certified by Province of BC.
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
- Secondary School (Required)
- English (Required)