DESCRIPTION: Laboratory Assistant – Burnaby, BC
As a Laboratory Assistant for CARO Analytical Services’ growing laboratory network, your main responsibilities will include:
- Perform all required quality control procedures.
- Follow analytical methods in accordance with SOPs and specific study requirements.
- Prepare all required reagents, standards, reference materials, etc.
- Cutting and chopping meat and vegetable samples. This includes a variety of meat types (i.e., pork, beef, etc.) and a variety of vegetables that need prep for laboratory analysis.
- Maintain logs and record as required by quality documents.
- Dispose samples according to local regulations.
- Assist to restock laboratory consumables/chemicals, and general laboratory clean-up and maintenance.
- Receive and ship supplies.
- Clean lab areas, glassware and other reusable labware.
- Complete other administrative duties as directed.
- University or College degree/diploma in a related discipline is an asset.
- Experience working in a laboratory environment is an asset.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and Work Instructions.
- Punctual, detail orientated with strong record keeping and communication skills.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks and lift up to 40 lb.
Job Types: Part-time, Full-time
- Casual dress
- Company events
Flexible Language Requirement:
- working in a laboratory: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person