Celebrating 35 years in operation, Community Care City of Kawartha Lakes is a not-for-profit community health and support services organization providing a wide range of community services to the residents of the City of Kawartha Lakes. The role will be based in Lindsay, Ontario. The organization requires an IT Assistant to provide support to the IT department including help desk, and routine office visits.
- Provide day to day IT assistance to the organization
- Monitoring and responding to IT requests via Help Desk ticketing and phone calls
- Differentiate “Mission Critical” issues from less critical issues and act to escalate response accordingly
- Assist with maintenance of up to date computer, software and communication equipment inventory and other documentation
- Assist with consistent, safe, successful back-ups with appropriate offsite storage to comply with record retention requirements
- Assist with ensuring up-to-date anti-virus on all agency equipment as well as regular scans with reports of scan findings and timely action on abnormalities observed.
- Ensure all new employees are granted system access receive consistent and thorough orientation to agency technology
Educational Requirements and Key Competencies for this Position:
- College diploma in Computer Science or related technical field
- Experience with Information Systems maintenance and proficiency with use of various software packages
- Certificate in Microsoft Windows operating systems or equivalent demonstrated experience
- Proficiency in the use of computers and various database programs including Microsoft Access/SQL
- Experience managing computer systems
- Good knowledge of network administration and security best practices
- Self motivation and ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Good oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
This is a temporary full time position which may require occasional evening and weekend and on-call work.
Interested Candidates are invited to submit their resume and covering letter in confidence quoting File #20-T-21
Reference ID: #20-T-21
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary